How to cook a Cornish hen in the air fryer?
The reason I went for the Cornish hen is that I have the Philips XL air fryer and it’s kinda small! It’s perfect for 1-2 people – but it won’t fit a whole chicken – but it’s perfect for a Cornish Hen!
All I did to make this was mix together my favorites spices and rub it all over the Cornish hen. Then I stuffed some onion and lemon chunks into the belly of the bird – and popped it in the air fryer. 25 minutes later – DONE!
I basically used the same spice blend I use on my Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot recipe – just in a smaller batch since my hen is half the size.
Look at the crispy skin on this air fryer cornish hen! And there was no oil on this either! The skin on the hen just crisps up beautifully in the air fryer. There’s just enough meat here for two people for one dinner so I had a nice dinner and leftovers for my salad the next day.
As I mentioned, I used my Philips XL air fryer for this Cornish hen recipe. It’s the perfect size to fit one bird! I served this with my copycat KFC Coleslaw recipe to really feel like I was having a summer picnic (by myself – thanks a lot quarantine!).
If you’re looking for other delicious air fryer recipes – I’ve got you covered! Here are some of my favorites:
– Air fryer breaded pork loin sandwiches
– Air fryer chicken legs
– Air fryer bacon wrapped scallops
Join my Facebook group for air fryer recipes to get all my latest recipes!
Air Fryer Cornish Hens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1 Cornish hen
- 1/4 onion – large chop (you’re not eating it)
- 1/2 lemon
How to cook Air Fryer Cornish Hens
- Remove Cornish hen from package, rinse and pat dry
- In a bowl – mix together all spices (salt thru rosemary)
- Rub spice mix all over Cornish hen
- Stuff onion and lemon chunks in the hen
- Air fry at 400 for 25 minutes – turn halfway through