Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies take my favorite cookie and get it done even quicker! They’re just as delicious as you’d think! Peanut butter cookies have always been my favorite – and I doubled up the peanut butter – and don’t forget to roll them in sugar! That was my Grandma’s final touch for my favorite sweet treat!
These delicious peanut butter cookies are also simple to make and a great treat to make! Sometimes I get a sweet tooth and making cookies from scratch seems like a big deal – but every time I do it – I’m like – wait – that took like 10 minutes???? Definitely worth the time. 🙂
What’s in Peanut Butter Cookies?
There’s just a handful of ingredients – I’ll bet you have everything in your pantry to make these cookies! They’re so easy! Here are the simple ingredients you need to make this great recipe:
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- softened butter (don’t forget to set it out so it can get to room temperature!!)
- creamy peanut butter – I prefer Jif
- If you want extra crunch – you can use crunchy peanut butter
- brown sugar – either light or dark brown sugar
- white sugar
- large egg
- vanilla (or vanilla extract)
How do you make Peanut Butter Cookies?
Not only do you have everything in the pantry – but it’s so easy to make your cookies! And – it’s less baking time than a conventional oven! Here’s the steps:
- Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- Using a hand mixer, mix your wet ingredients in a large bowl and set aside
- First butter + peanut butter
- Add in sugars
- Add in egg, milk and vanilla
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture using your electric mixer – but don’t overmix
- Form into a large ball of dough and refrigerate in the large mixing bowl for 30 min
- Remove dough and roll into balls – I used a small cookie scoop
- Roll balls in sugar
- Remember – it’s not technically safe to eat peanut butter cookie dough as there are eggs in it – but I might have taken a nibble!
- Place in air fryer
- If using air fryer basket – place directly on non-stick screen or spritz with cooking spray in a single layer
- If using oven style – place cookies on a piece of parchment paper on the baking tray
- Flatten with fork tines into the famous peanut butter cookie shape! (Fork marks FTW!)
- Air Fry for 6 min at 350 until golden brown – check them at 4 minutes and see how they’re coming
- Remove from air fryer and set on wire rack to cool
How do you make air fryer cookies?
So I wanted to give you a few notes on making cookies in the air fryer:
- I made these in the oven style and the basket style for testing purposes – there’s no difference in the final product or cook time!
- My oven-style air fryer forces a preheat whereas the air-fryer basket just starts up. For the oven – I put them in when preheated
- Be sure to use parchment paper – you’ll need to do these in batches so that helps
- If using parchment in the basket – try and use the kind with holes or poke holes in your parchment to help air flow
- Leave enough room for spreading – although peanut butter cookies spread very little
- Because you’re doing these in batches – the basket is already HOT when you do your next batch – take off 1-2 min of bake time to account for this
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
I’m a big fan of soft cookies and like them a bit underdone – so the center of the cookie should be set but not firm. They’ll continue to cook after removed from air fryer. Moral of the story – take them out sooner than later – you’ll be glad you did!
Air-tight container – I use a large rubbermaid-style tub or a freezer bag.
Yes – the morning after I make them – I always freeze at least half of them – just in a freezer bag or place in an airtight container.
Not sure – I haven’t tried. I would think it should work – but I would avoid a natural peanut butter that separates and has a bunch of oil at the top.
There are lots of different mix-ins you could use – I added peanut butter chips and chocolate chips to some of mine – you could also use chunky peanut butter for some chunks of peanut as well! They don’t get “melty gooey” like a chocolate chip cookie – but it’s still tasty!
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.1 3/4 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt
- In a second bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together peanut butter and softened butter.1/2 cup softened butter, 1 cup peanut butter
- Add sugars and mix until well combined1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar
- Add egg, milk and vanilla and mix1 egg, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 2 tbsp milk
- Slowly add flour in small increments and mix to combine. Be careful not to overmix
- Refrigerate dough for 30 min
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough
- Roll dough balls into a ball and roll in sugar1/3 cup sugar
- Set on parchment paper on air fryer tray
- Use a fork to flatten cookie
- Air fry at 350 for 6 minutes
- Let cookies rest for 1-2 minutes before removing from tray so they have a minute to set up
- When doing subsequent batches – check at 4-5 minutes as air fryer is already hot and will take less time to cook cookies