Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies take my favorite cookie and get it done even quicker! They’re just as delicious as you’d think! Peanut butter cookies have always been my favorite – and I doubled up the peanut butter – and don’t forget to roll them in sugar! That was my Grandma’s final touch!
These cookies are also simple to make! Sometimes I get a sweet tooth and making cookies from scratch seems like a big deal – but every time I do it – I’m like – wait – that took like 10 minutes???? Definitely worth the time. 🙂
What’s in Peanut Butter Cookies?
I’ll bet you have everything in your pantry to make these cookies! They’re so easy! Here’s what you need:
- baking soda
- baking powder
- softened butter (don’t forget to set it out!!)
- peanut butter – I used creamy Jif
- brown sugar – either light or dark
How do you make Peanut Butter Cookies?
Not only do you have everything in the pantry – but it’s so easy to make your cookies! Here’s the steps:
- Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- Using a hand mixer, mix your wet ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- First butter + peanut butter
- Add in sugars
- Add in egg, milk and vanilla
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture using your hand mixer – but don’t overmix
- Refrigerate your dough for 30 min
- Remove dough and roll into balls – I used a small cookie scoop
- Roll balls in sugar
- Place in air fryer on parchment paper
- Flatten with a fork in the peanut butter cookie way!
- Air Fry for 6 min at 350
How do you make cookies in the air fryer?
So I wanted to give you a few notes on making cookies in the air fryer:
- I made these in the oven style and the basket style for testing purposes – there’s no difference in the final product or cook time!
- My oven-style air fryer forces a preheat whereas the basket just starts up. For the oven – I put them in when preheated
- Be sure to use parchment paper – you’ll need to do these in batches so that helps
- If using parchment in the basket – try and use the kind with holes or poke holes in your parchment to help air flow
- Leave separation for spreading – although peanut butter cookies spread very little
- Because you’re doing these in batches – the basket is already HOT when you do your 2nd++ batches – take off 1-2 min of bake time to account for this
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
I’m a big fan of soft cookies and like them a bit underdone – so they should be set but not firm. They’ll continue to cook after removed from air fryer. Moral of the story – take them out sooner than later – you’ll be glad you did!
Air tight container – I use a large rubbermaid-style tub.
Yes – the morning after I make them – I always freeze at least half of them – just in a freezer bag.
Not sure – I haven’t tried. I would think it should work – but I would avoid a natural peanut butter that separates and has a bunch of oil at the top.
I added peanut butter chips and chocolate chips to some of mine – you could also use chunky peanut butter for some chunks of peanut as well! They don’t get “melty gooey” like a chocolate chip cookie – but it’s still tasty!
Other Yummy Easy Dessert Cookies & Bars
Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.1 3/4 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt
- In a second bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together peanut butter and softened butter.1/2 cup softened butter, 1 cup peanut butter
- Add sugars and mix until well combined1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar
- Add egg, milk and vanilla and mix1 egg, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 2 tbsp milk
- Slowly add flour in small increments and mix to combine. Be careful not to overmix
- Refrigerate dough for 30 min
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough
- Roll dough balls into a ball and roll in sugar1/3 cup sugar
- Set on parchment paper on air fryer tray
- Use a fork to flatten cookie
- Air fry at 350 for 6 minutes
- Let cookies rest for 1-2 minutes before removing from tray so they have a minute to set up
- When doing subsequent batches – check at 4-5 minutes as air fryer is already hot and will take less time to cook cookies