As someone who grew up eating Spam, using your air fryer to make Spam is a delightful throwback! Air Fryer Spam is the best and easiest way to make this salty, savory treat. Whether you like sliced Spam or make it into fries – this recipe has you covered.
What You Will Love About Spam in the Air Fryer
Whether you like them in slices or as dipping fries, you’ll be using your air fryer for Spam from here on out! The best part is that you don’t have to add any oil! The air fryer makes the Spam crispy on the outside and soft and perfect on the inside. They both took the same amount of time – 10 minutes from can to table! So yum!
Air Fryer Spam Ingredients
Yeah – the only ingredient here is Spam! Did you know there are 10 different types of Spam? Unfortunately I’ve never seen them – but they have Lite, Teriyaki, Hickory Smoke, Hot & Spicy, Jalapeno and more!
I did make a dipping sauce for this quick snack with 1 tbsp dijon mustard & 1 tbsp mayonnaise. Whisk together for a great dipping sauce for the Spam fries!
THE TRICK to Getting Spam out of the Can!
Have you ever shook and shook that can of Spam and it STILL won’t come out? Yeah – me too! Luckily this canned ham delight doesn’t have much – if any – of that weird gelatin coating anymore. But it’s still tough to get out of the can.
Here’s the trick to releasing the Spam from the can: Turn the can over and use a can opener. Pierce the can and the air coming in will release the Spam! Turn it back over and it falls right out!
How to Make Spam in the Air Fryer
This is a super quick and easy recipe – all you need to do for Air Fryer Spam is:
- Open your can with the handy trick and release the Spam!
- Slice your Spam into 5-6 slices.
- If you’d like fries instead of slices, slice the slices into strips.
- Place Spam in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- If making two cans worth like I did – you might need to cook in batches depending on the size of your basket.
- Air fry Spam at 370º for 10 minutes – flipping halfway thru with tongs.
- If making the dipping sauce, in a small bowl whisk mayonnaise and mustard together.
- Remove and serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Yes – it’s perfect and crispy edges in 10 minutes at 370 degrees F.
I used to add oil and make it in a frying pan. But no more – air fryer = no oil!! Make it in the air fryer!
No – not at all. It’s more like a softer version of ham – it’s very salty and I love it!!!
Spam is a mixture of pork with ham, salt, water, potato starch, sugar and sodium nitrite. And it’s DELICIOUS!
Store any leftover Spam in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can reheat in the microwave for 1 minutes or in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes.
Uses for Spam
So – you can actually do quite a few things with Spam! Here are the ways I ate Spam growing up (and still today!):
- Boxed Potatoes – this was one of the first things I ever made as a child. Put together your boxed potato mix (remember those Au Gratin potatoes?!) and then slice your Spam and lay them on top. Bake as directed on the potatoes and serve!
- Spam Burger – take your slice of Spam and place it on a hamburger bun. Add cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo and you’ve got a delicious Spamburger!
- Stir Fry – Create a stir fry with Spam, broccoli, onions, mushrooms and more and serve over rice. You can even make this in the air fryer.
- Breakfast – Spam is a great swap out for sausage or bacon for breakfast! It’s got a little sweetness, a little salty and is a perfect complement to French toast or fried eggs!
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
Favorite Dipping Sauce Recipes
Step up your dipping game and do more than just ketchup! Here are a few of my favorites:
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Spam
- Slice Spam into slices or "fries"1 can Spam
- Place in a single layer in air fryer basket
- Air fry at 370º for 10 minutes, flipping halfway thru
- Mix together mustard & mayo for a dipping sauce1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp Duke's mayonnaise
- Remove and serve with dipping sauce