Buffalo Chicken Flatbread is my new favorite easy weeknight dinner! It’s a spicy, creamy, crunchy and zingy flavor bomb that puts buffalo wings together with flatbread pizza and ranch! Plus, there’s a secret ingredient that you will love!!!
What You Will ❤️ About Buffalo Chicken Flatbread
- Restaurant Favorite – This is a copycat of a favorite appetizer from a local place in Hillsboro, OH. I had it on my first visit and get it EVERY TIME I go back!
- Secret Ingredient – PICKLES!!! The restaurant folks decided to combine a popular local dill pickle pizza with a buffalo chicken pizza to make these buffalo chicken flatbread pizzas and I’m telling you – the pickles make it AMAZING!!!
- Dinner in 15! – This flatbread pizza is ready in just 15 minutes! It doesn’t get much better than that.
Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Ingredients
- Cooked Chicken – I used a raw chicken breast (sprinkled with salt, black pepper & olive oil) and sauteed it but if you have leftover chicken of any kind (i.e. rotisserie chicken) or my whole chicken in a crock pot and it will work just fine.
- Flatbread – I love the Stonefire brand and used these flatbreads that I found in the grocery store.
- Ranch Aioli – This is easy to make by mixing ranch dressing & mayonnaise
- Buffalo Wing Sauce – Use your favorite – I like the Kroger brand of mild buffalo sauce
- Cheese – Shredded Provolone Cheese is hard to find so I used the thick slices and folded them up to grate them – worked just fine! You could easily sub with mozzarella cheese as well.
- Pickles – Here’s the secret magic ingredient!!! Chop up dill pickles and put on top – you will never eat buffalo anything without pickles from now on!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Recipe
This perfect game day pizza or appetizer is quick to make – with less than 5 minutes of prep time and 12 minutes of cook time – dinner will be ready fast!
- Cook Diced Chicken Breast either in a skillet or your air fryer. Once cooked, remove and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350º and lay out flatbread on a baking sheet.
- For Ranch Aioli, in a small bowl, mix together ranch dressing and mayonnaise. Spread on naan flatbreads.
- In a medium bowl, toss diced chicken breast with wing sauce and lay on top of ranch dressing – be sure to use a spatula and get all sauce on flatbreads
- Top with shredded provolone cheese and sprinkle pickles on top
- Bake at 350º for 10 minutes and then Broil for 1-2 min on high
- You can also air fry for 6 minutes
- Garnish with sliced green onions or thinly diced celery for an extra crunch!
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
If you have leftover flatbread pizza, reheat in the air fryer or in the oven. Add a little sprinkle of fresh cheese to brighten it up again!
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) or in aluminum foil in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can freeze up to three months. Reheat in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes or the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Chicken Flatbread Recipe Variations
- More Heat – want more heat? Drizzle with hot sauce or use a Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wing sauce for more spice!
- Mini Pizzas – you can use the smaller naan bread to make individual pizzas rather than one larger flatbread. Naan is similar to a pita bread but softer!
- You could also just use a regular pizza crust or even raw pizza dough.
- Blue Cheese Dressing – swap the ranch for Blue Cheese – it always goes well wit buffalo sauce!
- Cheese – Swap the Provolone for Monterey Jack Cheese or Mozzarella. You could also top with blue cheese crumbles!
More Buffalo Recipes
- Hooter’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cheesecake Factory Buffalo Blasts
- Buffalo Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Cheddar Chicken
More Flatbread Recipes
- Panera Chipotle Chicken & Bacon Flatbread
- Lean Cuisine Chicken Ranch Club Flatbread
- Loaded Mashed Potato Flatbread
Buffalo Chicken Flatbread
- Cooking Chicken: In a skillet, over medium high heat – add 1 tbsp oil. Sprinkle chicken breast with salt and pepper. Saute diced chicken breast until cooked through. Air Fryer: Sprinkle chicken breast with salt and pepper and add to air fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes at 360º.1 chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 350º
- On a cookie sheet, lay out flatbread1 flatbread
- In a small bowl, mix together ranch dressing and mayonnaise and spread on naan flatbreads3 tbsp ranch dressing, 2 tbsp Duke's mayonnaise
- In a medium bowl, toss diced chicken breast with wing sauce and lay on top of ranch dressing – be sure to use a spatula and get all sauce on flatbreads1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
- Top with provolone cheese and pickles1 cup provolone cheese, 1/4 cup pickles
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Switch oven to Broil for 1-2 min on high
- You can also air fry for 6 minutes