This Cheesy Cauliflower Rice is my absolute new favorite side dish! It’s cheesy, creamy and full of veggies. I promise if you make this keto-friendly dish once – you’ll be making it every week!
What You Will ❤️ About Cheesy Cauliflower Rice
- Full of Veggies – I love that this is made with cauliflower rice! It hasn’t been my favorite – until now!
- Cheesy! I mean – if there’s a way to make cauliflower tastier – I’d say cheese is it! This takes healthy cauliflower and turns it into a comfort food!
- Quick & Easy – this recipe goes together in about 10 minutes with no prep time!
Cheesy Cauliflower Rice Ingredients
You could definitely rice your own cauliflower but using the frozen bag is just SO easy! The rest of the ingredients are pantry staples for me – here’s what you’ll need:
- 12 oz frozen cauliflower rice – feel free to rice your own if you like
- 1/3 cup heavy cream – you can swap out with half and half if you like or even chicken broth
- 1 10 oz can rotel tomatoes – I used mild but use the spice level you like
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese – this provides a little extra kick
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro – or diced green onions would provide a little crunch
- Lime wedge
- OPTIONAL: Diced avocado
This easy cauliflower recipe could be changed up based on your tastes – here are some ideas for you:
- Protein – this would also be great to add sauteed diced chicken, browned ground pork or even sprinkle with crispy bacon pieces
- More Veggies – Before you heat up the cream – you could lightly saute mushrooms, onion, broccoli and more – then add the cream and go from there. So yum!
- Cheese – I used pepper jack but you could swap out cheddar cheese, mozzarella, colby jack or even cream cheese.
- Spice – I don’t want too much spice so I used the mild tomatoes – but you could use spicier or even add some chipotle seasoning or diced jalapenos
- Crunch – if you want a little crunch, toss some breadcrumbs in melted butter and sprinkle on top of the cauliflower rice – then bake at 375º for 10-15 min.
How to make Cheesy Cauliflower Rice
This low carb side dish is so easy to make! Heat up the cauliflower and put it all together. I added the diced avocado for a more texture and this easy cheesy cauliflower rice recipe was a huge hit!
- Microwave cauliflower rice according to package instructions
- Pour cream in a large skillet
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat
- Stir in cheese and whisk until it forms a cheese sauce. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add drained tomatoes and cauliflower rice into the pan – cook 3-5 min until thickened and those flavors mix together
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro, juice from 1/2 lime and diced avocado.
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can freeze up to three months. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Heck yeah! It’s only 20 calories for a cup and cauliflower has a lot of nutritional value. This is a great swap for regular rice.
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
Cheesy Cauliflower Rice
- 12 oz frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 10 oz Rotel tomatoes mild
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 lime
- 1 avocado diced
- Microwave cauliflower rice according to package instructions12 oz frozen cauliflower rice
- Pour cream in a large skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat1/3 cup heavy cream
- Stir in cheese and whisk until it forms a cheese sauce. Add salt & pepper to taste.1 cup pepper jack cheese, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add drained tomatoes and cauliflower rice into the pan – cook 3-5 min until thickened and those flavors mix together10 oz Rotel tomatoes
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro, juice from 1/2 lime and diced avocado.2 tbsp cilantro, 1/2 lime, 1 avocado