Chicken Salad Chick Egg Salad is one of my favorite menu items at Chicken Salad Chick. Their chicken salad is great but I loved the egg salad so much. This basic egg salad is light and has a little crunch and sweetness from the sweet pickles.
About Chicken Salad Chick Restaurants
We recently got a Chicken Salad Chick restaurant in the Cincinnati area. They are a chain of that serves all kinds of chicken salad! Some of my favorites are the Buffalo Barclay and the Classic Carol! Or you can try a chicken salad with cranberries and pecans! You can get your choice of any scoop on a Chicken Salad BLT. Or try their famous pimento cheese or even desserts like cookies and pie. My favorite of their sides is the Broccoli Salad!
What You Will ❤️ About CSC Egg Salad
- Ready in Minutes! Boiling the eggs is the most time consuming task of this dish.
- Tried & True! Chicken Salad Chick is obviously known for their Chicken Salad – but this Egg Salad is another fan favorite!
- Delicious! I always think I can throw together an egg salad but these ingredients are in the perfect balance – so be sure to use a recipe!
Ingredients for Egg Salad
Egg Salad is a super simple recipe but you want to make sure the ratios are right – otherwise you’ll end up with egg salad the texture of soup! This balance is perfect with a little tangy, a little sweet and very quick to make!
- Hard Boiled Eggs – did you know you can make hard boiled eggs in your air fryer? Yup! I did for this recipe.
- Mayonnaise – I always use Duke’s Mayo and you’ll use less than a quarter cup mayonnaise
- Mustard – you can get jazzy here but I tend to use plain yellow mustard
- Relish – use sweet or dill relish – I prefer sweet pickle relish
- Onion Powder – just a little extra seasoning
- Salt & Pepper – eggs always need salt & pepper!
How to Make Chicken Salad Chick Recipe for Egg Salad
Egg salad is really simple and you can make this classic egg salad recipe in just five minutes! (After boiling your eggs.)
- PREP: hard boil your eggs – I like to use my air fryer.
- DICE: Dice your hard boiled eggs – or use an egg slicer if you have it.
- If using an egg slicer – be sure you slice in one direction then take the egg and turn it 90º and slice again so they get diced.
- You can also press the eggs through a cooling rack to “dice” your eggs.
- MIX: Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir together.
How to Serve Chicken Salad Chick Egg Salad
The restaurant has lots of options – but here’s how I usually like this Egg Salad:
- SCOOP: Place a couple of scoops on a plate of leaf lettuce.
- SANDWICH: Grab some white or wheat bread, lightly toast it and add lettuce and thinly sliced tomatoes for a delicious egg salad sandwich!
- CROISSANT: My favorite way is always on a croissant!
There are also lots of ways to make egg salad – with dill, avocado, bacon and a lot of other unique ways.
- Protein – add a can of tuna or cooked white meat chicken
- Spicy – want a little spice in your egg salad? Add 1/4 tsp of chili powder or drizzle sriracha on top for a touch of spice! Or dice up pickled jalapeno and add them to the salad.
- Additions – Add a slice of provolone or a slice of avocado, chop cooked bacon or add a little diced celery or sliced cucumbers – you’ve got lots of extra options on jazzing up your egg salad!
- My secret seasoning is to add a little BBQ flavor seasoning sprinkled on top! It adds a little smoky & sweet to it!
You’re adding too much mayo & mustard! That was my mistake every time. This time I was super careful with my measurements. With egg salad – less is more.
No. Ew. hahahahaha – I don’t freeze things with mayonnaise – there’s a reason they don’t sell egg salad in the freezer section.
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass storage ones) in the refrigerator for up to a week.
What goes with Egg Salad?
If you’re looking for great side dishes that go great with egg salad – I’ve got you covered! My favorites are:
- Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad
- Copycat KFC Coleslaw
- Copycat Red Robin Freckled Lemonade
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
Favorite Copycat Recipes for Soups
Quick Lunch Ideas
Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Egg Salad
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled
- 2.5 tbsp mayonnaisse (Duke's)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp sweet relish plus a little juice
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- PREP: hard boil your eggs – I like to use my air fryer.6 hard boiled eggs
- DICE: Dice your hard boiled eggs – or use an egg slicer if you have it.– If using an egg slicer – be sure you slice in one direction then take the egg and turn it 90º and slice again so they get diced. – You can also press the eggs through a cooling rack to "dice" your eggs.
- MIX: Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir together.2.5 tbsp mayonnaisse, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tbsp sweet relish, 1 tsp yellow mustard, 1/4 tsp black pepper
- SERVE: Serve with fresh lettuce on a croissant or your favorite bread!
Leave a Reply