This Copycat Santa Fe Chicken Wrap is a delicious lunchtime treat! Roly Poly was my favorite go-to stop for a healthy lunch. This wrap is filled with chicken, jack cheese, ranch and yummy veggies and you’ll want to make it every day!
The #28 Santa Fe Chicken was often ordered by me! Sliced chicken breast, jalapeno jack cheese, plum tomatoes, onion, ranch dressing, with a side of salsa. I’ve been a bit obsessed with buffalo ranch – so I used that
What’s in the Santa Fe Wrap?
This is an easy wrap to make – as most are – but that’s the thing – now that I’ve started making wraps for lunch – I make them almost every day!!!! The Chicken Popper and this Santa Fe are definitely my favorites. This wrap has:
- Chicken breast – Roly Poly uses the Tyson frozen grilled chicken strips
- Jalapeno Jack – I used Pepper Jack cheese since it’s easier to find
- Wraps – I always use the low carb Banderita wraps
- Thinly sliced tomato & onion
- Ranch dressing – as mentioned – I used my delicious Buffalo Ranch – they use Ken’s Ranch
- Salsa – I’ve always got different brands of salsa – so use whatever you like!
How do you make the Santa Fe Chicken Wrap?
Roly Poly doesn’t “burrito” their wraps – so both ends are open – which means they’re super easy to recreate at home! Here’s all you need to do:
- Lay out your tortilla
- Slice each slice of cheese in half and lay 1 cheese slice (2 halves) on each tortilla near one side of the tortilla
- Warm your previously cooked chicken
- Lay chicken, tomato and onion on top of the cheese
- Top with Buffalo Ranch
- Tightly roll the wrap – keeping all the ingredients to that one side makes it easier to tight roll it (like we did our jeans in the 80s!)
- Add a little dab of ranch to act as glue
- Place your wrap seam side DOWN in the air fryer and heat for 5 minutes (or pan fry)
- Serve with a little bowl of salsa (I love these little mini bowls!)
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Honestly – I liked the stove top method a little better – it browns more and warmed it all more cohesively. BUT to save the oil – I will air fry it.
Roly Poly uses a wheat tortilla but the La Banderita Carb Counter are the best! They actually taste good and are so low-cal and low-carb they’re perfect!
Yup – that’s plenty of meat – especially with the veggies!
I pulled all the ingredients to one side and just did a really tight roll with the tortilla. Then I dabbed a bit of ranch on the end to act like a glue. Then heat seam-side down.
No – you can eat it cold but I always like a hot wrap/sandwich better than cold. It only takes a few minutes.
What to serve with a Santa Fe Wrap
Other Copycat Wraps & Sandwiches
- Roly Poly Chicken Popper Wrap
- Panera Frontega Chicken Sandwich
- Firehouse Subs NY Steamer
- Other Copycat Recipes
Copycat Roly Poly Santa Fe Chicken Wrap
- Slice your chicken breast, tomato and onion.1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1 small tomato, 1/4 onion
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Slice pepper jack cheese slices in half and lay 1 slice on each tortilla2 La Banderita Carb Counter Tortillas, 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- Top with chicken, tomato, onion
- Drizzle 1/2 ranch onto each wrap2-3 tbsp Buffalo Ranch
- Tightly roll tortilla leaving ends open – no need to burrito it. Using ranch as a "glue" on the spot where it rolls shut will help it stay together
- Heat to brown:Stove Top: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium high and place wraps, seams side down in skillet for 2-3 min on each side until lightly browned and heated throughAir Fryer: Lay wraps seam side down in air fryer and spritz with olive oil. Air Fry at 400 for 2 min on each side
- Serve with salsa for dipping2-3 tbsp salsa