The Classic Carol chicken salad from Chicken Salad Chick is their first and most basic chicken salad. No frills here – just delicious white meat chicken, celery, mayo and a touch of their “secret” seasoning!
What You Will ❤️ About Classic Carol Chicken Salad
- Classic – just like the name says – it’s a classic and simple chicken salad – nothing weird in this one!
- Unique Texture – you’ll know if you go to the Chick – that the chicken is MORE than shredded! And I’ve got a couple ideas to help you there.
- Easy to Add To – Chicken Salad Chick has so many varieties of chicken salad but they all start with this base recipe!
Classic Carol Chicken Salad Ingredients
Chicken Salad Chick has so many chicken salad recipes to choose from! Whether you like a Sassy Scotty or a Dixie Chick – you start with their basic Classic Carol! Then you can add goodies!
Here’s what you’ll need for the basic recipe:
- Shredded Chicken Breast – Chicken Salad Chick uses white meat chicken but you can definitely add in some thigh meat as well
- Celery – be sure to FINELY MINCE the celery as you can tell it’s there but BARELY
- Mayonnaise – always Duke Mayonnaise for me!
- Onion Powder – just a dash will do ya – that’s the secret seasoning!
You might be wondering about salt & black pepper? I did a side by side taste test and the flavor match was there without it. You could definitely add a bit to your liking – start with 1/4 tsp and go from there.
Best Ways to Shred Chicken
Shredding chicken can be quick and easy or slow and tedious – I’ve got tips to make it easy!
- Food Processor – to get the texture of Chicken Salad Chick – I recommend this method because you want it more than shredded – it needs to be pulverized!
- VitaMix – I used a food processor once, but also used my Vitamix and it worked like a charm as well – but you had to do smaller amounts at a time
- Stand Mixer – use your paddle attachment and place your cooked chicken breasts in the mixer bowl and turn on medium speed
- Forks – this works best with warm, poached chicken breasts
How to make Chicken Salad Chick’s Classic Carol Chicken Salad
Chicken Salad is so easy to make – it’s really the consistency of the ingredients. Here’s how to make your Chicken Salad Chick Classic Carol recipe:
- Use a food processor or VitaMix to shred your chicken. This is the KEY to getting the texture that Chicken Salad has!
- FINELY mince your celery – to where you can barely see pieces.
- Add the mayonnaise and onion powder and stir well.
- Serve with bread, crackers or on a salad.
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
How to serve Chicken Salad
You can serve up this delicious chicken salad in a number of ways. Here are a few ideas:
- Sandwich – whether you use bread or croissants – it’s delicious with lettuce, tomato and pickle
- Salad – add a scoop to your favorite salad instead of plain chicken
- Wrap – add to a tortilla with buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and a pickle
- Crescent Rolls – add a couple spoonfuls and shredded cheese for cheesy chicken roll ups
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Yes – should be! Check your mayo – but most likely – yes.
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
More Chicken Salad Chick Copycat Recipes
More Chicken Salad Chick Chicken Salad Recipes – COMING SOON!!!
- Fancy Nancy – Fuji apples, seedless grapes, & pecans
- Sassy Scotty – Bacon, Cheddar Cheese & Ranch
- Cranberry Kelli – Dried, sweetened cranberries, & slivered almonds
- Fruity Fran – Fuji apples, seedless grapes, & pineapple
- Kickin’ Kay Lynne – buffalo sauce, ranch, bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, jalapeños, & Sriracha
- Jalapeño Holly – Diced Jalapenos
- Olivia’s Old South – add sweet pickles & hard-boiled egg
- Lauryn’s Lemon Basil – chopped pecans, fresh basil, & lemon
- Dixie Chick – add minced onions
- Buffalo Barclay – with buffalo sauce
- Barbie Q – with bbq sauce
Chicken Salad Chick Classic Carol
- Use a food processor or VitaMix to shred your chicken. This is the KEY to getting the texture that Chicken Salad has!2 cups cooked chicken breast
- FINELY mince your celery – to where you can barely see pieces.2 tbsp celery
- Add the mayonnaise and onion powder and stir well.2/3 cup Duke's mayonnaise, 1/8 tsp onion powder
- Serve with bread, crackers or on a salad.