The Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad is perfect for lunch, brunch or any potluck! It combines the traditional Chicken Salad Chick Classic Carol with crisp grapes, sweet Fuji apples and crunchy pecans!
What You Will ❤️ About the Fancy Nancy
- Refreshing! This fruity chicken salad is refreshing with those juicy grapes and the crispness from the sweet apples!
- Versatile – Chicken Salad is great because you can have it atop a bed of lettuce, on a croissant or even in a wrap!
- Fun Spin – Adding fruit and nuts (instead of vegetables) is a fun spin on the classic dish of chicken salad
Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad Ingredients
I’m a fan of salads – especially all the ones at Chicken Salad Chick. And once you have their Classic Carol down – you can add just a few key ingredients to make the Fancy Nancy! Here’s what you need:
- Cooked, shredded chicken breast – you can also use “naked” chicken tenders or rotisserie chicken
- Celery, minced
- Duke’s Mayonnaise
- Onion Powder
- Fuji Apples, diced – or swap out your favorite apple variety – be sure to pick one with a sweet crunch like the Fuji or Pink Lady
- Grapes, diced – you can use green and red seedless grapes
- Pecans, chopped – you can swap with walnuts or almonds if that’s what you have
Copycat Recipe Variations
Chicken Salad Chick has 12 varieties of chicken salad – here are my favorite of their flavors:
How to make the Chicken Salad Chick Fancy Nancy recipe
This is so easy to make – you’ve got to be sure to get the texture of the shredded chicken right. It’s more than you can do with a fork. That’s what makes it like Chicken Salad Chick!
- Use a food processor, stand mixer or VitaMix to shred your chicken. This is the KEY to getting the texture that Chicken Salad Chick has!
- FINELY mince your celery – to where you can barely see pieces.
- In a medium bowl, add chicken, mayonnaise and onion powder and stir well.
- Stir in celery, apples, grapes and pecans. Feel free to add salt & black pepper to taste.
- Serve with bread, crackers or on a salad. It is even better if you put in the refrigerator overnight.
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) in the fridge for up to a week.
Yes – and I always use Duke’s!
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
Chicken Salad Chick Fancy Nancy
- Use a food processor, stand mixer or VitaMix to shred your chicken. This is the KEY to getting the texture that Chicken Salad has!2 cups cooked chicken breast
- FINELY mince your celery – to where you can barely see pieces.2 tbsp celery
- In a medium bowl, add chicken, mayonnaise and onion powder and stir well.2/3 cup Duke's mayonnaise, 1/8 tsp onion powder
- Add celery, apple, grapes and pecans and stir until combined.1/2 Fuji Apple, 1/4 cup grapes, 1 tbsp pecans
- Serve with bread, crackers or on a salad.