Chicken Salad Chick’s Cranberry Kelli is a fun and fruity version of their chicken salad! Tangy cranberries and crunchy almonds add to the delicious flavor of their original recipe.
What You Will ❤️ About Cranberry Kelli Chicken Salad
- Fruit & Nuts – This is a classic combo and the cranberries and almonds provide a great contrast to the creamy chicken salad.
- More than Sandwich Filling! Get creative and use chicken salad with crescent rolls, sliders or even just on crackers.
- Easy to Make! Once you have the chicken shredded, this salad comes together in minutes!
Cranberry Kelli Chicken Salad Ingredients
Easy and clean ingredients – that’s what you’ll get with Chicken Salad Chick. Here’s what you’ll need for the Cranberry Kelli:
- Shredded Chicken Breast – you can poach chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins or just use rotisserie chicken. Chicken Salad Chick uses white meat but I mix in a little dark meat when I’m making at home.
- Duke’s Mayonnaise – this is the choice of the South – but use what you like
- Minced Celery – be sure to FINELY mince your celery – you won’t see big pieces at CSC!
- Onion Powder
- Dried Cranberries – try the flavored varieties for additional flavor – I like the Pomegranate!
- Slivered Almonds – you can swap walnuts or pecans if you would like
Copycat Recipe Variations
Chicken Salad Chick has 12 varieties of chicken salad – here are my favorite of their flavors:
- Classic Carol – leave out the cranberries & almonds for the original recipe
- Dixie Chick – like the Carol but add minced onions
- Sassy Scotty – add cheddar, bacon & ranch
- Fancy Nancy – it sure is fancy when you add fruit like fuji apples, grapes and crushed pecans
- Fruity Fran – Fuji apples, seedless grapes, & pineapple
- Kickin’ Kay Lynne – buffalo sauce, ranch, bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, jalapeños, & Sriracha
- Jalapeño Holly – Diced Jalapenos
- Olivia’s Old South – add sweet pickles & hard-boiled egg
- Lauryn’s Lemon Basil – chopped pecans, fresh basil, & lemon
- Buffalo Barclay – with buffalo sauce
- Barbie-Q – with bbq sauce
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
How to make the Chicken Salad Chick Cranberry Kelli Chicken Salad
This chicken salad is so easy to make! Stir it together and keep in the fridge for a few hours so the flavors meld together and you’re done!
- Use a food processor, stand mixer with paddle or VitaMix to shred your chicken.
- If you need to poach chicken, place chicken breasts in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, lower heat, simmer for 10-12 min. Remove from water and let cool.
- You can just shred with forks but it won’t give you that same texture of Chicken Salad Chick.
- FINELY mince your celery – to where you can barely see pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken, mayonnaise and onion powder and stir well.
- Stir celery, cranberries and almonds into the chicken mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container overnight. Serve with bread, crackers or on a salad.
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
Ways to serve Chicken Salad Leftovers
There’s more than just chicken salad sandwiches for lunch or dinner! Here are some creative ways to serve chicken salad:
- Chicken Salad Melt – think of it like a tuna melt! Add to thick bread with a slice of American cheese and cook like a grilled cheese.
- Crescent Rolls – add with cheese to crescent rolls for an easy baked dinner
- Serve with crackers for an easy snack!
Chicken Salad Chick Cranberry Kelli
- Use a food processor or VitaMix to shred your chicken. This is the KEY to getting the texture that Chicken Salad has!2 cups cooked chicken breast
- FINELY mince your celery – to where you can barely see pieces.2 tbsp celery
- Add the mayonnaise and onion powder and stir well.2/3 cup Duke's mayonnaise, 1/8 tsp onion powder
- Add celery, cranberries and almonds and stir until combined.1/4 cup dried cranberries, 2 tbsp slivered almonds, 2 tbsp celery
- Serve with bread, crackers or on a salad.