This Copycat Chicken Broccoli Pasta is exactly like the one from Cheesecake Factory but BETTER because I add more chicken and more broccoli! I couldn’t get enough of it! Plus there’s a touch of cheese to add a bit of creaminess to the sauce. So good!
Cheesecake Factory got it right with this one – you’ve got Rigatoni Pasta Tossed with Sauteed Chicken, Broccoli, LOTS of Garlic, Tomatoes, Parmesan and Olive Oil. It’s my new favorite dish from there – but it’s an even bigger favorite at home because it’s so easy to make!
This dish is set to serve two people – BUT if you add a salad and some bread – you could easily split this into four servings. I’ve added extra chicken and broccoli so it’s a very filling dish!Jump to Recipe
What’s in Cheesecake Factory Chicken Broccoli Pasta?
I’ll bet you’ve got everything in your kitchen pantry for this dish right now! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Italian Dressing (here’s my Italian Dressing recipe if you need one)
- You can also buy pre-marinated chicken breasts like I did!
- Seasonings: Minced Garlic, Red Pepper Chili Flakes
- Broccoli florets
- Chicken Broth
- Butter & Olive Oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Roma Tomatoes
- Italian Breadcrumbs (I only had plain so I made my own mix in the recipe)
How do you make Chicken Broccoli Pasta
- Dice Roma tomatoes and roast in oven at 400 for 15 minutes
- While the tomatoes are roasting – boil your pasta (& drain)
- Dice your chicken and toss it in the flour
- Saute chicken in non-stick skillet for 1-2 minutes
- Flip chicken and add garlic and crushed red pepper and cooking for another 1-2 min
- Add broccoli florets into the pan and toss together
- Add the chicken broth, more garlic and butter into the pan and stir. Then cover and steam for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to your pasta pot (unless you have a BIG skillet) and add the pasta and parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.
- Add 1/2 roasted tomatoes and gently toss to incorporate.
- Place the pasta into the bowl.
- Top with remaining tomatoes and breadcrumbs. Then squeeze the lemon evenly over the pasta and EAT!
Tips, Tricks and FAQs
Yup – Kroger sells these prepacked Italian chicken breasts 2 for $5 – I get them every week. They’re perfect for this recipe!
Whatever you want – I have a giant jar of the minced so I use that all the time.
No – use whatever you like – but I do recommend a shape vs. spaghetti – it holds the sauce better.
It just adds a little crunch on the top – but it’s up to you!
Yes definitely! I nearly added mushrooms because they’re my favorite – but I wanted to stay true to the Cheesecake Factory at least to start with!
What to serve with Chicken Broccoli Pasta?
Other Cheesecake Factory Copycat Recipes
- Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta
- Skinnilicious Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Piccata
- Crispy Chicken Costoletta
- Buffalo Blasts
Copycat Cheesecake Factory Chicken Broccoli Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz rigatoni pasta (dry) 2 cups uncooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper chili flakes
- 1.5 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 wedge lemon
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Marinate chicken breasts in Italian dressing for at least an hour (overnight is best) – or use pre-marinated Italian chicken breasts2 chicken breasts, 1 cup Italian dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 and fill pasta pot with salted water and turn on high to boil on stove top.
- Place diced tomatoes in a baking dish and sprinkle with 1 tsp olive oil2 roma tomatoes, 1 tsp olive oil
- Roast tomatoes in oven for 15 minutes. Once done – remove from oven and set aside. (We're done with the oven!)
- When water is boiling, drop in rigatoni cook for approx 9-10 min until al dente. Drain and set aside.4 oz rigatoni pasta (dry)
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat2 tbsp olive oil
- Remove chicken from marinade and dice into 1" cubes
- Sprinkle flour over chicken and toss by hand2 tbsp flour
- Place chicken in hot skillet and cook for 1-2 min
- Add in garlic and chili flakes and cook for 2-3 min more1 tsp minced garlic, 1/4 tsp red pepper chili flakes
- Add broccoli into the pan and toss until combined1.5 cups broccoli florets
- Add chicken broth, garlic and butter into pan. Cover and steam for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.1/2 cup chicken broth, 2 tbsp butter, 1 tsp minced garlic
- Transfer chicken mixture to the pasta pot and add in drained pasta and grated parmesan. Toss everything together.1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Add 1/2 roasted tomatoes into the pan and GENTLY toss
- In a small bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, basil, oregano and garlic salt1 tbsp breadcrumbs, 1/4 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp garlic salt, 1/4 tsp oregano
- Spoon pasta into two large pasta bowls. Sprinkle remaining tomatoes over top. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top and squeeze lemon wedge over dish.1 wedge lemon