Olive Garden is one of my favorite restaurants and I love to recreate their
dishes at home and this recipe for their Meat Sauce is spot on! It’s rich,
thick and meaty perfection!
While I’m typically an alfredo girl – there’s something about a big bowl of meaty spaghetti sauce and you’ll be shocked at how easy this was to make! Next time though – I’m adding mushrooms. 🙂
What’s in Olive Garden’s Meat Sauce?
All the usual suspects with a couple of add-ons that make it Olive Garden perfection:
- Onion, Celery & Carrot – the trifecta of yum!
- Garlic, Rosemary, Sage – the touch of sage adds so much!
- Salt and Olive Oil – every recipes ingredients – right?!
- Ground Beef & Italian Sausage – gotta have the combo
- Crushed tomatoes – a big can and get a good brand – they’re the star!
- Red wine – I’m not a wine drinker – so I buy the little individual bottles and use one of those!
How do you make meat sauce?
- Get out your Dutch oven! Start with olive oil and add your celery, onion, carrot and garlic. Saute until tender for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and sausage – cook until pink is gone
- Deglaze the pan by adding the red wine and cook until the liquid is reduced and mostly gone
- Add tomatoes, rosemary, sage and salt
- Simmer for an hour and serve!
What to serve with Olive Garden Spaghetti & Meat Sauce
I had dinner all laid out and man I’m not sure who was drooling more – me or
the dogs!!?!! Salad, fresh Romano cheese to grate on top – a little sprig of
fresh basil and a big bowl of spaghetti – I was ready!
Other Olive Garden Recipe Favorites
Copycat Olive Garden Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- Heat oil in Dutch Oven.2 tbsp olive oil
- Add celery, carrot, onion, garlic and cook about 5 minutes.1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Add ground beef and sausage and cook 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.1/2 lb ground beef, 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- Deglaze pan with wine and reduce.1 cup red wine
- Add tomatoes, salt, rosemary and sage and stir.28 oz crushed tomatoes, 1/4 tsp rosemary, 1/4 tsp dried sage, 1 tsp salt
- Simmer for about 1 hour.
- Serve over spaghetti!