I can’t turn down a chip dip – but the thing is – I always run out of chips before I do dip – so I like to think of new ways to use the dip and this is my new favorite! We’ve all heard about adding Onion Soup Mix to hamburger – but how about this – add French Onion Dip to your hamburger! Boom!!!
So that’s what I did! I mixed together hamburger and a few dollops of HeluvaGood French Onion Dip and made it into burgers. Then I thought – I need to make these a little more special – so instead of topping them with cheese – let’s put it on the INSIDE.
There are two ways you can get the cheese inside.
1. You can roll the cheese up into a ball (American cheese meatballs pretty easily). Then you take a ball of your hamburger mixture and wrap it around the cheese. Then smoosh it a little to make a hamburger patty.
2. Make 8 thinner patties out of the hamburger mixture. Fold your slice of American cheese into four smaller squares and stack them. Place the cheese stack on top of one patty – then top with another patty and seal them together.
After that – cook up your burgers however you like – on the stove top or on the grill. When you’ve got them done – you might have a little cheese sneaking out – that’s perfect! I like the cheese stacked so it’s spread out a little more.
Then – instead of mayo, ketchup and mustard – grab another flavor of HeluvaGood dip and put it on top! They have a new Dill Pickle Dip that was screaming to be put on top of this burger! It’s tart and tangy and dilly – plus if any oozes out – you’ve got a chip right there to grab it! Hell – put a couple chips on top too!
HeluvaGood Dip has a bunch of varieties – so you can mix it up. There’s Bacon Horseradish, Buttermilk Ranch, Bodacious Onion, Jalapeno Cheddar, White Cheddar & Bacon – as well as the French Onion & Dill Pickle flavors I tried.
You can also swap out the cheese! Imagine the combos of cheese & dip – make it all spicy with a Pepper Jack inside and Jalapeno Cheddar on top! Cheese it up!
Double Dip Stuffed Burgers
- 1 lb Certified Angus ground beef
- 1/4 cup HeluvaGood French Onion Dip
- 4 slices American cheese
- Hamburger Buns, Lettuce, Pickles
- HeluvaGood Dill Pickle Dip
- In large bowl, mix 1/4 cup HeluvaGood French Onion Dip into 1 lb ground beef
- Form into 8 thin patties
- Fold each slice of American Cheese into four squares and stack on top of one hamburger patty
- Place another patty on top of cheese + patty and seal around the edges
- Grill/fry burgers as you would normally
- Top with HeluvaGood Dill Pickle Dip