Seven Layer Salad Dip is a great and easy party appetizer! You just take all the things you love about the salad – but make it into a dip! Grab those scoops chips and dig in – it tastes just like the traditional 7 Layer Salad!
What You Will ❤️ About Seven Layer Dip
- Easy! Smooth your dip out in a platter and layer it up!
- Crunchy & Creamy! I love the crunch of the bacon combined with the creamy dip!
- Family Favorite! This salad is a favorite – but now – you don’t need a spoon for it – just grab a chip.
Ingredients for Seven Layer Salad Dip
I love traditional seven layer salad – so swapping just one ingredient to make into more of a dip than a salad – is a tasty and fun appetizer! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 container Heluva Good Dip – ranch or french onion flavor
- Don’t have dip? You can make your own with sour cream & ranch seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup hickory smoked bacon, cooked and diced/crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
7 Layer Taco Dip Variation!
If you love taco dip – you can also take this same idea and make it with more taco-like ingredients! Here’s the 7 layers for Taco Dip that’s just like the store-bought but better!
- Refried Beans or Black Beans
- Sour Cream or Cream Cheese mixed with Taco Seasoning Mix
- Guacamole or Diced Avocado
- Salsa or fresh pico de gallo
- Shredded Cheese
- Black Olives
- Diced Green Onions
- OPTIONAL: jalapeños, cooked ground beef, fresh cilantro
One of the ingredients in my Seven Layer Salad Dip is BACON! I recently got to take a tour of the Sugardale Bacon plant in Massillon, Ohio – I love a factory tour! I just never realized how much goes into making bacon! They bring in massive amounts of pork belly and infuse them with their special blend of sugar and spice (the pork belly is the “everything nice”). Then the belies are hung and smoked. After all that, the bellies are smoked, chilled, compressed and then sliced and packaged.
Seeing this process was really cool! You’d be so surprised at just how many steps and how many people are involved in making this magical food?!
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
How to make Seven Layer Dip
This is ridiculously easy! Spread out your dip and sprinkle on all the toppings!
- Spread dip in the bottom of your dish in an even layer (recommend 8×8 ish pan/plate)
- Layer ingredients: peas, eggs, cheese, tomatoes, bacon and lettuce.
- Chill in fridge until ready to serve. Serve with scoop-style tortilla chips
Seven Layer Dip
- 12 oz ranch dip
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 2 hard boiled eggs diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 slices bacon cooked & diced
- 1/2 cup lettuce
- Spread dip in the bottom of your dish (recommend 8×8 ish pan/plate)12 oz ranch dip
- Layer ingredients: peas, eggs, cheese, tomatoes, bacon and lettuce.1/3 cup frozen peas, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 4 slices bacon, 1/2 cup lettuce
- Serve with tortilla scoop chips