Looking for a quick dip recipe? This easy cheesy chili dip is great with crunchy tortilla chips! We start with Skyline Chili – it’s pretty much liquid gold in Cincinnati. This Skyline Chili Cheese Dip is an easy appetizer for every game day and family gathering.
For this dip – we’re adding cream cheese and loads of shredded cheddar – it’s a perfect scooping dip! You might find yourself craving this dip like everybody in the 513 does!
What makes Cincinnati Chili different?
If you’re not familiar, Cincinnati chili is so crazy good – but it’s not like any other kind of chili – it’s a Greek chili that is fairly thin with hints of cinnamon, all spice and chili powder.
The traditional ways to eat Skyline Chili are: on spaghetti (yup – its a Cincinnati thing), on a coney dog or in this amazing Skyline Chili Dip recipe! You can also get your Skyline Chili with toppings:
- 3 way – chili, cheese (ALWAYS finely shredded cheddar), spaghetti – yes. trust me.
- 4 way – add either kidney beans (drained & rinsed) or diced white onions
- 5 way – add both beans & onions
If you’re not in the Cincinnati area – I’ve got you covered! There are three ways you can make this dip your very own:
- #1 Reco!!! Make your own Cincinnati Chili (it’s so cheap & easy – hamburger, water & spices!)
- Buy Skyline canned Chili online
- Buy Cincinnati Chili spice packets
What is in Skyline Dip?
So yes – Skyline Chili is the first thing you need for this Skyline Chili Cheese dip recipe. Now that you’ve got that covered – here are the ingredients for this delicious cheesy dip:
- 10.5 oz ounces of Skyline Chili (or 2 cups of chili if making your own)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 6-8 oz shredded cheddar cheese, finely shredded – it’s going to melt but this is 100% a Skyline thing!
- Optional: sliced olives, kidney beans, diced onions
This makes enough for a square baking dish – now I’m going to warn you – THAT WON’T LAST LONG! If you’ve got a big crowd – you might want to double it!
How to make Skyline Chili Cheese Dip?
Skyline Chili Dip is such an easy recipe – and goes together in just five minutes – even quicker if you buy pre-shredded cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread softened cream cheese into an even layer on the bottom of an 8×8-inch baking dish or a pie plate
- Pour Skyline Chili on top of cream cheese layer
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top – heavily!
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling!
I like to use SHARP cheddar cheese with this – and it’s perfect for those Scoops or Fritos corn chips!!
Can you make this Cincinnati-style chili cheese dip recipe in the microwave?
Sure! Microwave oven, conventional oven, air fryer – use whatever you want! Just make sure whatever dish you’re using is oven safe. You want everything to be heated through. Here’s what to do:
- In your baking pan, spread cream cheese and pour chili on top
- Cover with Press and Seal (it will splatter)
- Microwave for 3-5 minutes
- Top with cheese
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes more until cheese melts
Can you make Skyline Chili Dip in the slow cooker?
Yes – you can make it in a slow cooker. BUT, this dip isn’t very thick so it won’t fill a slow cooker. That might make it a little difficult to dip into at a party. You NEED all 3 layers in every bite. Heat it on low for an hour before the party.
Can you add other toppings?
Sure! The obvious toppings are kidney beans and onions. I added black olives – no other reason than I just love them. Pickled jalapeno slices and sour cream would also be amazing!
Do I have to use Skyline Chili?
No! You can use the chili of your choice – whether it’s homemade or even Hormel. If you’re a local, you can also use the other brands of Cincinnati chili like Gold Star Chili or Dixie Chili.
Can you freeze Chili Cheese Dip?
Yes – I would be sure to use an airtight glass container – I’ve switched to these 100% because they don’t stain. You want that tight seal. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven, air fryer or microwave.
Skyline Chili Cheese Dip
- 10.5 oz can Skyline Chili
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese finely shredded
- kidney beans, diced onion
- black olives, pickled jalapeno slices, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread softened cream cheese into an even layer on the bottom of an 8×8-inch baking dish or a pie plate8 oz cream cheese
- Pour Skyline Chili on top of cream cheese layer10.5 oz can Skyline Chili
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top – heavily!2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling!kidney beans, diced onion, black olives, pickled jalapeno slices, sour cream