Finger lickin’, lip smackin’ good – that’s how to describe these Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos wrapped in bacon! I literally can’t even tell you how amazing these are – you should probably double this recipe – because you’re going to eat them ALL!!!!!
I stuffed these guys up with sausage, cream cheese and shredded cheese!! But I wasn’t done there – then I wrapped them in bacon and brushed them with my favorite bbq sauce. You will not have a better biteful than this! And you can make them in the oven or air fryer.
What’s in Stuffed Jalapenos?
That’s my favorite thing about it – because you can stuff it with so much! Any combination of cheeses, meats and even some veggies – not to mention spices. I’ve made Taco Stuffed Jalapenos that had taco seasoning and cream cheese. This time around I used sausage, cream cheese and shredded cojack.
Want it spicier? Use pepperjack! Watching calories? Use shrimp or ground turkey! Anything wrapped in bacon is going to be good! And if you want to use less bacon – just cut the slice in thirds and lay 1/3 on top – it still gives you the flavor with less calories.
How do you make Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos?
Stuffed & Wrapped Jalapenos are easy-to-make but it does take a little time. Here are the basic steps:
- Slice and clean jalapenos – the more ribs/seeds you leave in, the spicier
- Mix together your stuffing – cream cheese, pork sausage and shredded cheese
- Stuff the pepper halves! Mound the stuffing up!
- Wrap the halves in bacon – depending on the size of your peppers – you might need 2 packages of bacon. Sometimes you can pull the bacon tight and use 1/2 slice – others need a whole slice
- Baste with your favorite bbq sauce – I LOVE Williamson Bros – it’s very light, not super stick but has tons of seasoning
- Bake, air fry or grill!
How to bake stuffed jalapenos
Bake on a rimmed baking pan lined with a sheet of parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes at 425. You can also grill them at 400 for 25 minutes or air fry at 400 for 10 minutes.
What to serve with Stuffed Jalapenos
Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos wrapped in Bacon
- 10-12 jalapenos
- 1 block cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cojack cheese shredded
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 16-24 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup Williamson Bros BBQ
- Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise – keeping the stem on the end
- Using a small spoon, scrape out ribs and seeds from jalapenos and discard. That's where the heat is – so keep some in if you want more spice
- In a bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, cojack and sausage.
- Using the spoon, fill the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese mixture. Feel free to mound it up a little.
- Take a slice of bacon and wrap around the stuffed jalapeno – pull tightly. If you have any extra hanging off, trim that off and use on another half.
- Place the jalapenos on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Baste with bbq sauce. I like Williamson Bros because it's a thin sauce with a lot of seasoning
Cooking instructions (choose 1)
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes
- Air fry at 400 for 10 minutes
- Grill at 400 for 25 minutes
Leave a Reply