These Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos wrapped in bacon are finger lickin’, lip smackin’ good! Jalapeno peppers filled with sausage, cream cheese and CoJack cheese – then wrap it in bacon – I promise you’re going to eat them ALL!!!!!
What You Will ❤️ About Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos
- Meaty – How do you make sausage stuffed poppers meatier? Wrap them in bacon!
- Easy! You don’t even need to cook the sausage – just mix it all together and stuff those peppers!
- Bake/Grill/Air Fry – You can cook these poppers any number of ways – but just make sure you do a double batch. Trust me!
What’s in Stuffed Jalapenos?
That’s my favorite thing about Jalapeno Poppers like these – because you can stuff them with so much! Any combination of cheeses, meats and even some veggies – not to mention spices. I’ve made Taco Stuffed Jalapeños that had taco seasoning and cream cheese. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Jalapenos – you’ll want to use fresh jalapenos for this (duh)
- Cream Cheese – don’t skimp – use the full fat stuff!
- Colby Jack Cheese – I love the mild flavor of CoJack but you can use monterey jack, cheddar cheese or pepper jack if you like more sharpness or spice!
- Pork Sausage – You could also swap with hot Italian sausage to up the heat level or if you’re trying to be a little healthy – ground turkey or turkey sausage. Be sure to use raw sausage – it’ll cook after it’s stuffed!
- Bacon – Here’s the one time I’ll tell you to pick regular cut vs thick cut bacon! The regular cut is just easier to wrap around the peppers and still gives you all the flavor!
- BBQ Sauce – I like a thin sauce for these peppers – something like Williamson Bros
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
How do you make Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos?
Stuffed & Wrapped Jalapenos are a crowd-pleaser for game day (or any time you want a delicious plate of snacks!). Here are the basic steps:
- Slice in half and clean jalapeño peppers – the more ribs/seeds you leave in, the spicier
- Mix together your stuffing – place sausage, cream cheese and shredded cheese in a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer or by hand to combine.
- Stuff the each jalapeño half with a mound of the sausage mixture!
- Wrap the halves in bacon – depending on the size of your peppers – you might need 2 packages of bacon. Sometimes you can pull the bacon tight and use 1/2 slice – others need a whole slice
- Baste with your favorite bbq sauce – I LOVE Williamson Bros – it’s very light, not super stick but has tons of seasoning
- Bake, air fry or grill! Keep a close eye on them to be sure the bacon doesn’t burn.
- BAKE on a rimmed baking pan lined with a sheet of parchment paper and in the oven for 30 minutes at 425º.
- GRILL at 400º for 25 minutes
- AIR FRY at 400º for 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve! Add a side of ranch dressing to dip in if you like! Or garnish sausage-stuffed jalapeños with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Yes! I recommend freezing before you wrap with bacon and cook. If you’ve got a bunch of peppers and are making a big batch – go for it! Just put the stuffed peppers in a freezer bag. Then – when you take them out – wrap in bacon and cook as noted above.
Yes – those mini sweet peppers work great for this recipe!
This is the #1 question I get for these stuffed peppers and the answer is NO!!! The sausage cooks while it’s “baking”. I think it dries out if you cook the sausage first.
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos wrapped in Bacon
- 10-12 jalapenos
- 1 block cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cojack cheese shredded
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 16-24 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup Williamson Bros BBQ
- Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise – keeping the stem on the end10-12 jalapenos
- Using a small spoon, scrape out ribs and seeds from jalapenos and discard. That's where the heat is – so keep some in if you want more spice
- In a bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, cojack and sausage.1 block cream cheese, 1 cup cojack cheese, 1 pound pork sausage
- Using the spoon, fill the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese mixture. Feel free to mound it up a little.
- Take a slice of bacon and wrap around the stuffed jalapeno – pull tightly. If you have any extra hanging off, trim that off and use on another half.16-24 slices bacon
- Place the jalapenos on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Baste with bbq sauce. I like Williamson Bros because it's a thin sauce with a lot of seasoning1/4 cup Williamson Bros BBQ
Cooking instructions (choose 1)
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes
- Air fry at 400 for 10 minutes
- Grill at 400 for 25 minutes