Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls are so tasty and I think the best version of sausage balls. If you haven’t had them before – now’s the time to make them! They’re quick and a fun party food – but they also reheat really well.
If you’re not familiar – the basic sausage balls have sausage (duh), Bisquick and cheese – from there you can add lots of ingredients. This recipe combines delicious Pimento Cheese – which is a FAVORITE of mine now – with the basic sausage ball recipe. Little nuggets of joy!
How to make pimento cheese sausage balls?
First you have to start by making pimento cheese. I’m just going to tell you now – you’re going to want to make a double batch – cuz I was nibbling a little too much! So good!
Step 1: Whip together cream cheese, mayo, garlic powder, sharp cheddar and a jar of diced pimentos. That is your pimento cheese. If you want to save it for the sausage balls – make sure there are not chips or crackers within arms reach!
Step 2: Mix in sausage and Bisquick
Step 3: Scoop out onto parchment covered cookie sheets and roll into balls. Freeze for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Bake or air fry! Done!
How to reheat sausage balls?
Yes! I made these in a household of one – so I had leftovers! I reheated them in the air fryer and the microwave – just to see which was better. Personally – I like the air fryer better (5 min at 350) but if you don’t have one – the microwave is just fine.
Here’s a secret use for them to – ON A SALAD! I work from home right now and eat a salad pretty much every day. I couldn’t let these leftover pimento cheese sausage balls go to waste – so I heated them up and had them on salad! Then I added tomatoes, avocado, tortilla strips and my creamy jalapeno ranch – delicious!
Can you freeze sausage balls?
Yup! Yes – I would recommend freezing before you bake them. First I would roll them into balls and put them on parchment lined cookie sheets. Freeze them for an hour – then take them out and you can pop them in a ziploc bag. When you’re ready to bake – take them out and thaw in the fridge overnight and bake (or air fry!).
What to serve with sausage balls?
Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls
- Preheat oven to 375 (if using oven vs air fryer)
- Whip cream cheese, mayo and garlic until smooth
- Fold in cheese and pimentos
- Break up raw breakfast sausage and put in with cream cheese mixture and mix until all combined
- Add in Biscuick and mix well
- Line 2+ cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using medium cookie scoop, scoop sausage mixture onto parchment cookie sheets
- Roll scoops into balls and freeze for 30 minutes
- Oven Instructions: Bake 15-20 minutes – switching pan location halfway through
- Air Fryer Instructions: Air Fry at 375 for 10 minutes