Making your Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin on the Traeger is the only way to go! You seal in all those juices and have this deliciously smokey flavor that permeates every bite! It’s drool-worthy!
I love spending my Saturdays grilling and smoking random cuts of meat out of my freezer and this is definitely my favorite!!!! I’ve done a pork tenderloin before – but adding the bacon was a game-changer. It adds so much flavor and makes it even juicier!
Ingredients for Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
This is super simple – just four ingredients:
- Pork tenderloin – I bought a 3-lb tenderloin and there were actually two in the package. So just know that when you purchase! 🙂
- Bacon – I always like Smithfield brand and typically buy thick cut but for this – you don’t need super fancy bacon – so don’t go for broke on it.
- BBQ Seasoning – I always use Historic BBQ Red – they’re local to me and are my absolute favorite. You can get them online as well. But use your favorite BBQ seasoning – I find most people with a Traeger – have a drawer full!
- BBQ Sauce – Again – I always use Williamson Bros out of Atlanta GA – you can buy online as well. (I have a friend that mails me 4 jars a year!) But – use what you like. I like a LIGHT sauce – not thick and sugary.
How do you Smoke a Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin?
I love my Traeger – mainly for the fact that it’s so simple and requires little-to-no babysitting!
- Turn Traeger on to Smoke setting and leave the lid open. In about five minutes it will start smoking.
- Once the smoke dissipates, shut the lid and set temp to 225 degrees.
- Head back in the house and prep your pork tenderloins!
- After you have rinsed them and pat dry – coat completely with Historic BBQ Red seasoning.
- Lay bacon out on parchment paper
- Lay seasoned tenderloin on bacon and wrap each tenderloin
- Sprinkle more BBQ seasoning on top
- Place on Traeger for 1 hour and 30 minutes. At that point – check the temp – it should be around 130.
- Baste with Williamson Bros. BBQ Sauce and smoke for another 15-30 minutes. Temp should be 145.
- Take tenderloins off the Traeger and let rest for 15 minutes while you get the rest of dinner ready and on the table!
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
You don’t need a super expensive or fancy bacon for this – get a regular ol’ bacon. Save the pricey bacon for french toast and BLTs.
Yup – I have done a pork tenderloin in the air fryer – should be same time (ish) with the bacon around it.
145! Pork is perfect at 145 with a blush of pink. It’s so tender and juicy – it makes me never want to eat chicken again!
Yes!!!! Here’s the tricky part with this recipe – the Traeger creates a bit of a pink smoke ring around the edges – and then having it at 145 – the center should be a little pink as well. So this will make some pink tenderloin! 🙂
Pork tenderloin is one of the leaner cuts of meat. You might be surprised to learn that pork tenderloin is as lean as boneless, skinless chicken breast.
What to serve with Pork Tenderloin?
- Smoked Cream Cheese – I had this on the Traeger at the same time – so good!
- Jarlsberg Dip Cheesy Potatoes
- Creamiest Macaroni & Cheese
Other delicious Traeger recipes
Traeger Smoked Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Remove pork tenderloins from refrigerator. Rinse and pat dry.
- Turn Traeger to smoke and have lid open. As Traeger heats up – let smoke dissipate. Will take approx 5 minutes
- Set temp to 225 and wait for Traeger to preheat. Be sure pellet bin is full.
- Coat pork tenderloins with Historic BBQ Red Seasoning.1 3 lb pork tenderloin, 1/4 cup Historic BBQ Red seasoning
- Lay sheet of parchment paper on cutting board/counter. Lay slices of bacon slices on parchment. (1/2 package per tenderloin)1 pkg bacon
- Lay tenderloin across bacon slices and wrap around tenderloin. Repeat with other tenderloin.
- Sprinkle Historic BBQ Red seasoning on top of bacon1/4 cup Historic BBQ Red seasoning
- Place on Traeger for 1.5 hours. Check tenderloin temperature. Temp should be approx 130. If not at temp – cook another 10-15 min.
- Open lid and baste with BBQ Sauce. Smoke at 225 for another 15-30 minutes. Temp check should be approx 145.1/4 cup Williamson Bros. BBQ sauce
- Remove from Traeger. Let rest 10-15 min before slicing.