Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
I absolutely love my Air Fryer(s) – yes – I love them so much I have 2! I’ve had probably 5 – I just keep upgrading and giving my old ones away so others can experience the wonderment of the air fryer! Trust me when I say this is the only kitchen appliance I couldn’t live without!
You can just open the box and go with your air fryer – 100%! But – after 3 years of air frying – I’ve learned there are a few tools that make the job a LOT easier!
Price guide (as of 2022)
$ – Under $5
$$ – Between $5-10
$$$ – Over $10
Air Fryer Accessories Under $5
- Olive Oil Spray $ – This is the first purchase you should make! It really helps your food brown – especially breaded items. I tried a bunch of different ones and the best one – was the spritz bottle sold by Pam at the grocery store. (Don’t buy through link – solely to show you what it looks like. It was $3 at the grocery store.) (Great for Jalapeno Fries!)
- Aerosol Non-Stick Spray $ – Most air fryers recommend you do NOT use aerosol cooking sprays because they can damage the nonstick coating. But through much trial, I’ve used it all the time on pans I use IN the air fryer and on the removable tray. The tray is washed after each use – so it doesn’t have a chance to build up.
- Silicone Basting Brushes $ – This has been so helpful to baste with when you open the air fryer to flip foods. This oil brush is also much more hygienic than the old bristle brushes. (Great for Bacon Wrapped Scallops!)
- Panko Breadcrumb $ – OK – not technically an accessory but just buy a big container of it! It’s browns nicely and adds a lot more crunch than traditional breadcrumbs. I use them all the time!!! Keep your eyes open for Sweet & Spicy and Cilantro Lime varieties!
- Wooden Skewers $ – if you like Kabobs – getting short skewers like these is definitely helpful! And they’re cheap! (Great for Chicken on a Stick!)
Air Fryer Accessories between $5-$10
- Silicone Tongs $$ – These are the most used accessory on the list. I use them nearly every time I turn on the air fryer! They are long enough to turn any food so you don’t burn yourself on the sides of the air fryer. Plus – they come in many different sizes and lengths. I have some from Dollar Tree and some from Amazon. You can’t have too many!
- Reusable Silicone Liners $$ – I just put these in my Amazon cart! I’m anxious to try them since they’re reusable – it’s less waste than the disposable liners made out of parchment paper. Be sure they are made from food-grade silicone.
- Mini Loaf Pans $$ – These are also a big help for things like meatloaf and quick breads like Zucchini Bread. I found cute ones at Meijer around the holidays.
Air Fryer Accessories Over $10
- Ramekins $$$ – These little ceramic dishes are fantastic for making desserts – but they’re also very handy for cooking eggs, pancakes, and more! You’ll be shocked at how often you grab these out of the cupboard. (Great for Mini Peach Cobbler!)
- Parchment Paper $$$ – Anytime you are making something sticky or with a sauce, you’ll want to reach for these!!! They make cleanup so much easier! You can find normal parchment paper in sheets or in smaller versions that are made to fit your air fryer basket. I prefer the smaller versions tend to have holes in them to allow for air circulation. These will definitely help make for easy cleanup of your air fryer! (Great for these batter dipped fried Oreos!)
- Breading Trays $$$ – I feel like I have breaded every vegetable to air fry it! These trays are so helpful – they’re easy to clean and the perfect depth to keep the breading in and not end up with it all over my counter! (I bought these far too expensive Pampered Chef trays at a party.) (Great for Breaded Okra!)
- Spatulas $$$ – Yes, I’ve become the spatula girl. I now have a separate container on my counter just for all my spatulas. I have big ones, little ones, Dollar Tree ones and William Sonoma fancy ones. I use them to flip more delicate items or to loosen things out of the ramekins.
- Silicone Muffin Cups $$$ – If you’re making cupcakes, muffins, egg bites, biscuits, etc – these little guys are great! I like these with the little handles on the side and they come in pretty colors – which I’m a sucker for!
- Instant Read Thermometer $$$ – Definitely a MUST-HAVE! Any time you are cooking meat – you need to know if it’s done. And rather than guess – just TEST! I have a Thermapen MK4 – which is pricier – but they have great ones that are super affordable! (Great when making the Perfect Medium Rare Steak!)
- Heavy Duty Silicone Pot Holders $$$ – These are great and they’re finger-mitts which are great so you can get into the basket. That said – don’t get the super cheap ones – I was woo’ed by the $3 price and they melted the first time I used them! I’ve also heard good things about these pot grippers!
- Mini Cake Pan $$$ – another great accessory! I actually got a set of mini pizza pans on sale at William Sonoma and have used them for cakes, omelets, and more. A small baking pan is pretty easy to find in a smaller size. Make sure to measure the inside of your air fryer basket and get one that is an inch smaller than the diameter. (Great for Air Fryer Banana Cake!)
Air Fryer Accessory FAQs
Yes – if it can go in the oven – it can go in the air fryer.
Yes – definitely! I use the muffin cups all the time!
Heck no! It’ll melt!
I hope you’ll try some of these Must Have Air Fryer Accessories and enjoy a few new recipes with your Air Fryer! If you found this helpful – pin the image below!