Air Fryer French Toast is my new favorite easy recipe for breakfast! It’s super easy and the best part is – you can make your sausage or bacon at the same time!
What You Will ❤️ About Air Fryer French Toast
- No oil! I don’t like greasy french toast and here – you don’t use any oil! It all fries with air!
- Maple Syrup Delivery Tool! Come on – that’s why we love French Toast!
- Easy Cleanup! I always use parchment sheets in the air fryer so the french toast doesn’t stick and clean up is easier!
This recipe was made using the Paula Deen Air Fryer.
French Toast Ingredients
French Toast batter can be as simple as eggs and milk but when you add just a couple of other ingredients – it adds so much taste!
- Eggs – always essential to French toast batter!
- Cream – you can use milk, half and half or heavy cream for richness
- Seasonings: Sea salt, Cinnamon & Vanilla – this is how you really step up your French toast!
- Bread – a thick white bread is great such as a brioche – my favorite is Sara Lee Artesano
How do you make air fryer French toast?
Air Fryer French Toast is a delicious recipe for a 10 minute breakfast – with just a couple of easy steps. Depending on the size of your air fryer and the number of people – you may have to make these in batches.
- In a shallow dish, whisk eggs, cream, salt, vanilla and cinnamon
- Grab your thick slices of bread and dip each piece of bread into the custard mixture and coat both sides letting the bread soak for 5 seconds or so
- VERY IMPORTANT STEP: Line air fryer tray with parchment paper or give the tray a quick spritz with non-stick cooking spray
- Lay each slice in a single layer in the air fryer basket with at least an inch of space all around.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for four minutes, flip slice of bread and air fry for four minutes more.
- Serve with one of these great options:
- melted butter & syrup
- powdered sugar
- cinnamon sugar
- fresh berries such as blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
If you’re going to make bacon with this great recipe for french toast – you should start the bacon five minutes ahead of time. If you’re making sausage links (or patties) – you could pop them in when you flip your french toast since they’re already pre-cooked.
Can you make air fryer french toast sticks from the freezer section of the grocery store?
Yes! These are super simple as well – just pop them in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. These are pre-cooked so no need to flip – just reheating them. Serve with syrup.
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Yes! Most definitely! Whether you have a basket style or air fryer oven – it will make amazing french toast! In the air fryer, hot air circulates around whatever you’re cooking and cooks it quick and perfectly with no oil!
Yes! Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass storage containers) in the refrigerator for up to a week. Freeze for up to three months. You can reheat in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 300 degrees.
You want to use a thick bread such as brioche bread or Texas toast. If you’re looking for a specific brand, my favorite brand is Sara Lee Artesano – I use it for grilled cheese too! If your bread isn’t thick enough – you’ll have soggy french toast!
The best French toast batter has simple ingredients! All you need are eggs, heavy cream (or milk), salt, vanilla extract and a bit of cinnamon.
Sure – feel free to swap with almond milk or oat milk if you like.
What to serve with Air Fryer French Toast Recipe
This easy french toast recipe is great for a quick breakfast or even one of the more indulgent breakfasts! Here are sides for all:
Easy Air Fryer Recipes for Breakfast
Breakfast Casserole Ideas
Best Air Fryer Accessories
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
Air Fryer French Toast
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or half and half or milk)
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 slices thick white bread (Sara Lee Artesano is my favorite!)
- Whisk together eggs, cream, cinnamon, salt and vanilla3 eggs, 1/4 cup heavy cream, 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture making sure both sides are coated. If you're getting low – you can add a 4th egg and a dash more cream.4 slices thick white bread
- Give the tray a quick spritz with non-stick cooking spray
- Lay slices in air fryer at least one inch apart
- Air fry at 400 for 4 minutes
- Open air fryer and flip slices. Air fry 4 minutes more.
Leave a Reply