Making Parmesan Crusted Chicken in the Air Fryer is so simple and dinner is ready in 20 minutes! Ordinary chicken becomes irresistible when it’s topped with a creamy, crunchy Parmesan crust. Plain chicken be gone!
I love this recipe because it’s super quick – plus – the cheese and Caesar dressing make the chicken even more moist! Making it in the air fryer is the best – the quick convection cooking seals in all the juices – it’s literally the ONLY way to make chicken!
What’s in Parmesan Crusted Chicken?
You’ve definitely got some flexibility in these ingredients – but here’s what you need and what you can swap:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts – as you can see – I used pre-marinated Italian chicken. You can do the same – or marinate yourself with Italian dressing
- grated Parmesan – this is pretty much 100% necessary since it’s in the name
- Caesar salad dressing – you could also use ranch or even plain mayo
- Breadcrumbs – regular, italian or even panko would work fine
- Minced garlic – jarred or fresh – whatever you like
- Melted butter – 100% necessary – butter is always important
- Monterrey Jack cheese – you could sub provolone or mozzarella if you like
How do you make Parmesan Crusted Chicken in the Air Fryer?
- Pop your marinated chicken in the air fryer and air fry at 350 for 10 minutes
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare toppings.
- In one bowl mix together caesar dressing and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan.
- In a separate bowl – mix together your breadcrumbs, garlic, 1/3 cup Parmesan and butter.
- After the 10 minutes, top with caesar mixture, then top with crumb mixture and finally shredded provolone.
- Air fry at 375 for 3 minutes until cheese melts and topping begins to brown
- Let’s eat!
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
You’ll need to check your Caesar dressing and be sure to use keto-friendly breadcrumbs.
Sure – there will be a little less crunch – but yes – feel free to leave them out.
You can use the air fryer on reheat (250 degrees) for 8 min or the microwave for 1-2 min. If you use the microwave, you’ll lose some crunch – but it’s quicker.
What to serve with Parmesan Crusted Chicken?
Other delicious Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts Italian marinated if you like
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese
- If you have plain chicken breasts, you can marinate in Italian dressing for at least an hour before cooking2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Place chicken breasts in air fryer at 350 for 10 minutes
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare toppings. For the toppings – in one bowl mix together Caesar dressing and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan. In a separate bowl – mix together your breadcrumbs, garlic, 1/4 cup Parmesan and butter.1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup Caesar salad dressing, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 2 tbsp melted butter, 1/2 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese
- Place chicken breasts in air fryer and top with Caesar mixture, then top with crumb mixture and finally shredded jack cheese.
- Air fry at 375 for 3 minutes until cheese melts and topping begins to brown.