Roasted Garlic in the air fryer is so easy and has so many uses! Roasting the garlic mellows the flavor and makes this delicious almost buttery paste that you can use in so many ways!
You can also do this in the oven – but if you have an air fryer – try it there! It’s so much quicker and it’ll add a lot of flavor to your favorite dishes like sauteed vegetables, mashed potatoes, soups and sauces!
How to Roast Garlic in the Air Fryer?
This couldn’t be simpler! First – take the whole bulb of garlic and cut off one end so each of the cloves in their paper are “exposed”. Next, make a little basket out of aluminum foil for each clove and put in the air fryer. Then place the bulb, exposed side up, into the foil basket. Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over the bulb. Then air fry at 400 for 25-30 minutes. The bulbs should be soft when you poke them with a knife.
Uses for Roasted Garlic
- When the cloves pop out of the bulb – they’re warm and spreadable! Grab a piece of toast and schmear away! It’s much more mellow than raw garlic.
- If you’ve got plain hummus, sour cream or butter that you want to jazz up – grab a few cloves of the roasted garlic and add them in!
- If you’re making mashed potatoes – throw a few cloves into the mix!
- Making soup? Dice up and throw in a few roasted cloves – so good!
How do you store roasted garlic?
- The easiest is to place the whole heads of roasted garlic in the refrigerator. They’ll last for 3-4 days if you place them in an air-tight container.
- For longer storage, remove the cloves from the peel (they pop out) and submerge them in olive oil and place in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- And the longest storage – you can place the cloves in olive oil and then freeze them in ice cube trays. Once frozen, pop them out and put them in a ziploc and back into the freezer.
Recipes to use with Roasted Garlic
- Pizza Hut Breadstick – brush them on with the melted butter before you add the seasoning mixture
- Boneless Pork Chops in Creamy Garlic Spinach Sauce – Roasted Garlic would be great in this sauce
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings – I would double down on the garlic with this and rub the roasted garlic on the wings and then add more before air frying!
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
- Cut the tops off of the garlic heads, exposing the individual cloves
- Make a small basket out of aluminum foil for each bulb and place in air fryer
- Place the bulbs in the foil, exposed side up and drizzle olive oil over the top of the garlic and sprinkle with salt & pepper
- Air Fry at 400 for 25-30 minutes. Bulbs should start to pop of skins and be soft when pierced with a knife
- Store bulbs in refrigerator for 3-4 days
- Remove bulbs and submerge in olive oil and refrigerate for 10 days
- Remove bulbs and submerge in olive oil and freeze in ice cube trays. When frozen – remove from trays and place in freezer bag.