Pulled pork sliders with pineapple and cheese are always a hit – I like to make sure that my sliders are FULL of toppings! I’ve made sliders with pulled pork and cole slaw – but this time I wanted something sweeter – so a Hawaiian twist with pineapple, cheese and a sweet zingy barbecue sauce were a perfect match!
How to make pulled pork sliders? What to put on pulled pork sliders?
These pulled pork sliders on Hawaiian rolls are so easy! Just get a 12-pack of Hawaiian rolls and slice them in half with a bread knife. Then you add the pulled pork.
Here’s my big time saving tip! I always use Curly’s Smoked Pulled Pork! Curly’s has been smoking meats for over 50 years! It’s been smoked for hours – but is ready to go for this recipe right out of the package! Curly’s just introduced these new 16 oz trays of high quality, smoked pulled pork in regular sauce or bold & spicy and they’re ONLY available at Walmart! This size was perfect for the sliders! I spread out the whole tray over the rolls. I love Curly’s because it’s a premium quality and a meatier texture – plus it’s always pulled – not shredded!
Then I topped them with crushed pineapple and a little extra sauce. Next up – layer on provolone cheese and the tops of the rolls. Finally – melt together your glaze and baste the tops of the rolls and bake. With the convenience of Curly’s Smoked Pulled Pork – these took a whole FIVE minutes to put together!
How to serve pulled pork sliders? How many pulled pork sliders per person?
I find it easiest to serve these pulled pork sliders with cheese by cutting them in the baking dish and then setting them all out slightly pulled apart on a serving tray or a cutting board. That way people don’t have to struggle to get 1-2 and they’re also not touching everybody elses!
If you’re serving these Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sliders to a crowd – I would assume you’re going to have more than these to eat – so figure 2 per person. If you’re serving it as a main dish – then maybe 3 per person.
What goes with pulled pork sliders?
Um – anything?! Hahaha – JK! I think if you’re making these for dinner – I would probably serve a big salad like my Copycat Olive Garden salad on the side. If you’ve got a game day spread – then I would definitely add these Spicy Avocado Fries to the mix – they’re my favorite! And if you want another really fun appetizer – my Deep Fried Deviled Eggs cannot be beat!
Cheesy Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sliders
- 12 pack King’s Hawaiian Rolls
- 1-16oz tray Curly’s Bold & Spicy Smoked Pulled Pork (only at Walmart)
- 8 oz crushed pineapple drained
- 5 slices Provolone
- Optional: your favorite BBQ sauce
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- Poppy seeds
How to cook Cheesy Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sliders
- Preheat oven to 350
- Slice Hawaiian Rolls in half
- Spray rectangular pan with non stick spray
- Place bottoms of rolls in pan
- Spread Curly’s Bold & Spicy Pulled Pork across rolls (no need to heat – it’s already cooked) – spreads easier at room temp
- Spread drained pineapple over pulled pork
- If you want extra sauce – you can add on top of pineapple
- Lay 5 slices of Provolone cheese on of pineapple
- Top with tops of Hawaiian rolls
- In a microwave safe bowl or glass, add all glaze ingredients (minus poppy seeds) and microwave for 1 minute until butter is melted (cover glass to prevent splatter)
- Baste tops of rolls with glaze (you don’t have to use it all) and sprinkle with a light coating of poppy seeds
- Bake for 25 minutes
– Use either Curly’s Regular or Bold & Spicy – be sure to get the tray at Walmart – you’ll need that size for the 12-pack of rolls