The dilemma of what to serve with pulled pork is a fun one! Pulled pork is my favorite potluck food but the great side dishes that go perfectly with it are just as delicious!
Whether it’s a coleslaw, baked beans or even a super healthy salad – I’ve got 50 of the best side dishes that will make your next get together a smash! There are all the classic sides but also some fun ones you may not expect!
You can break up pulled pork side dishes into a few categories:
Favorite Pulled Pork Recipe
And if you’re here – you probably already have a plan for making your pulled pork – but in case you’re looking for a recipe – I’ve got you covered!
I made Pulled Pork on my Traeger Smoker and it was amazing!!!! The best pulled pork sandwich you’ll ever have! So tender it will melt in your mouth and on the bun!
If you’re looking for a slow cooker recipe – my girl Plain Chicken has a great one: Coca Cola Crock Pot Pulled Pork too! Now to dig into all these side dishes!!!
- No Cook Refrigerator Pickles – My Dad made this recipe every year, all summer long! These would taste great on top of your sandwiches!
- Smoked Green Beans are heavenly! The best part is you can put it together in minutes and then pop it on your smoker! I added bacon, onion and my favorite BBQ rub just to make it even more delicious.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob – Grilled corn on the cob is one of those summer staples that I’m obsessed with! Being from Iowa – I can never get enough corn – and the best part is – grilled corn on the cob is super simple and you can’t screw it up!
- Italian Green Beans – Green beans with tomatoes and garlic are a perfect side dish for any meal and they’re really easy to make!
- Smoked Baked Beans – These Traeger Smoked Baked Beans are smoky and rich with meaty bites, crunchy bites of onion and pepper and tons of barbecue flavor! They are BY FAR the best beans you’ll ever have! Plus – they go together in five minutes.
- Elote in a Cup is such a fun dish – it’s takes one of my favorite ways to eat corn on the cob but makes it less messy and more portable! Make little cups and have it all ready to go next to your pulled pork!
- Air Fryer Onion Rings – Homemade onion rings in the air fryer are amazing! You can’t beat the crispness of these – plus I’ve got a secret ingredient for more flavor! And I made a fun zingy dippin sauce to go with the air fryer onion rings! Crunchy & saucy! Yum!
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Cheddar Avocado Fries – These Air Fryer Avocado Fries will hit the spot at your game day parties – it’s the appetizer all your friends will be talking about! These also have a super zing of cilantro lime – and they’re ready in minutes!!
- Air Fryer Deep Fried Deviled Eggs – OK while not technically a vegetable – they are delicious! Everybody makes regular old deviled eggs but who makes deep fried deviled eggs? YOU DO!!! These are amazing! Everybody will love your spin on them!
- Corn Fritters – These corn fritters are crispy cakes filled with corn kernels, cheddar cheese and seasonings, all cooked together to golden brown perfection. An easy side dish that is the perfect way to showcase summer corn!
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles – Fried Pickles are one of my favorite appetizers and I’ve been dying to make them in the air fryer. And again – pop them on top of your sandwiches for extra crunch!
- Air Fryer BBQ Corn Ribs – Corn on the cob is a classic side dish but these Corn Ribs in the Air Fryer are a fun NEW take on corn on the cob! Sweet corn topped with barbecue seasoning and done in just 10 minutes in the air fryer!
- These Copycat Chipotle Black Beans will have you making burrito bowls at your house like a pro! They’re easy to make too – just adding a few ingredients will make these beans so much tastier than black beans on their own!
- Chipotle Corn Salsa – One great way to use fresh corn is in a corn salsa – and I love the one at Chipotle so I decided to make it for myself – it’s spicy and sweet and perfect as a chip dip, on tacos or even on chicken or salmon!
- Ninja Foodi Corn Pudding – If you’ve never had corn pudding or cornbread casserole as some call it, then you’re missing out!! Corn pudding is cornbread….but better! With the addition of corn, creamed corn, and cheese, you can very easily kick your cornbread up a couple of notches!!
- Cheesy Cauliflower Rice – This Cheesy Cauliflower Rice is my absolute new favorite side dish! It’s cheesy, creamy and full of veggies. I promise if you make this keto-friendly dish once – you’ll be making it every week!
- Copycat KFC Cole Slaw – KFC Coleslaw has always been my favorite! It’s creamy, a little sweet, a little crunchy (with green & purple cabbage) and very simple and you can make it in minutes! It’s a great topper for any pulled pork as well.
- Copycat Olive Garden Signature Salad – Olive Garden has the best house salad – with all my favorite toppings like olives and tomatoes and topped with that delicious Italian dressing and I have the recipe!
- Instant Pot Pasta Salad – Pasta salad is a perfect choice!! It’s cold, refreshing, and filled with fresh vegetables! Why cook pasta salad in the Instant Pot you ask? Well, if you’ve ever made pasta in the Instant Pot you know why! OMG, it’s so fast!
- Tom + Chee Grilled Cheese Salad – It’s a salad loaded up with lots of vegetables and then it’s topped off with Grilled Cheese Croutons! Crunchy, cheesy, light and refreshing – this dish is amazing!
- Apple & Goat Cheese Salad – This salad really has all my favorites – candied pecans, dried cranberries, green apple and then my favorite – goat cheese!!! They topped it with a chardonnay vinaigrette…it was very light and tangy.
- Copycat Taziki’s Tomato Cucumber Salad – One of the dishes at Taziki’s that captured the attention of my growling stomach was their Tomato-Cucumber salad. It’s so refreshing and full of zing and feta – plus pickled red onions!
- This Fall Apple Salad is made with just a few ingredients – but the main two are apples and brussels sprouts. It’s a nice crisp salad and the vinaigrette is easy to whip up. This goes great for a fall potluck or just a side dish for dinner. And – if you don’t tell anybody that it’s made with brussels sprouts – they’ll never know!!!
- Watermelon & Feta Salad – I’ve perfected this recipe to make it so easy and delicious – this is hands-down the BEST watermelon & feta salad recipe! It takes five minutes and you’re enjoying it!
- Mango Habanero Pineapple Salsa – This Mango Pineapple Habanero Salsa is a flavor explosion in your mouth!! The sweet from the mango and pineapple are balanced with the spiciness of the habanero and tartness of the lime juice. This is a delicious topping on the pulled pork sandwich!
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes – Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes are all the yum in half the time! Crispy potato skins, loaded with fluffy, cheesy mashed potatoes!!! You will be wanting this perfect side dish every week!
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries – Sweet Potato Fries are one of my favorite side dishes! Sweet & salty and so quick. I’m here to tell you how easy it is to make sweet potato fries in the air fryer!
- Grilled Potato Salad – Grilled Greek Potato Salad Recipe – the BEST potato salad EVER! SO much amazing flavor! Grilled red potatoes tossed in feta, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, and mayonnaise. Can serve warm or cold.
- Air Fryer French Fries – You can make Ore Ida Crinkle Fries in the Air Fryer in just 10 minutes! Grab the ketchup (or your favorite dipping sauces) and get those fries out of the freezer and enjoy the perfect golden fries! But guess what – you’ll also find out how to air fry tater tots, hash browns and even pizza rolls!
- Sweet Potato Saute – A simple sweet potato sauté made with a handful of ingredients, and ready in 20 minutes! This is an excellent way to quickly cook crisp sweet potatoes without having to turn on the oven.
- Air Fryer Potato Slices – They’re like potato chips but better! And perfect for dipping into ranch or bbq sauce.
- Mexican Macaroni Salad – This Mexican Macaroni Salad is creamy, crunchy and perfect for picnics, lunches and potlucks! Macaroni loaded with corn, black beans, tomatoes, onions and more all tossed in a dressing of sour cream, salsa & mayo.
- Jarlsberg Dip Macaroni Salad – This Jarlsberg Dip Macaroni Salad is going to be a sure fire hit at your dinner table! Plus it’s SO SIMPLE to make!
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Mac & Cheese – This copycat recipe of Panera’s new Broccoli Cheddar Mac and Cheese is spot on perfection! They took their two fan favorites: mac & cheese and broccoli cheddar soup and mixed them together to make magic!
- Creamiest Mac & Cheese – This is by far the creamiest macaroni and cheese you will ever try! It’s really easy and one pot – I love it! Plus with only 5 ingredients – it will be on the table in just 20 minutes!
- Orzo Pesto Pasta – This orzo pesto salad is super easy to make and is full of Mediterranean veggies and flavors! You’ll even make your own basil pesto from scratch in just 3 minutes! This is perfect as a meal or a side dish at your summer parties!
- Mary Mac’s Tea Room is an institution in Atlanta and Flora has made this dish for 35 years! It’s the gold standard for Southern oven baked macaroni and cheese – and luckily – it’s super quick and easy to make!
Breads & Dips
- Copycat Ruby Slipper Buttermilk Biscuits – On a recent visit to Gulf Shores, we discovered Ruby Slipper Cafe and have been biscuit-obsessed ever since! We even got to make some of their famous biscuits and take home the recipe!
- Years ago – I had this awesome Blueberry Cornbread from Fresh Market – I was so obsessed with it – I finally made my own and it’s delicious – even better than regular ol’ cornbread!
- Traeger Smoked Queso goes together in minutes and takes your favorite cheesy appetizer to a whole new level! Grab those tortilla chips – you’re gonna be here a while.
- Zucchini Bread is this magical mix of a bread and cake – sweet and savory – it’s just delicious. The best part is – Mom’s Zucchini Bread recipe is SUPER EASY to make!
- Italian Cheese Bread – This Little Caesars Italian Cheese Bread is amazing!!! The crispy edge, the garlic butter and all that cheese! This Italian Cheese Bread will not disappoint – your family will be looking everywhere for the Little Caesars pizza box!
- Crustless Apple Pie – I’m always looking for a dessert that is easy – I’m just not much of a baker – so when I heard of a crustless apple pie – I thought – THAT is right up my alley!
- Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler is such a decadent dessert – but it’s also SO EASY!!! You can easily make this in the oven – just be sure you’ve got vanilla ice cream in the freezer – because everybody is going to gobble it up!
- Watermelon Sticks – These watermelon sticks or watermelon crinkle fries are SO fun to make and eat! Both kids and adults love them too which makes this sweet snack or dessert ideal for any summer get-together!
- Peach Donut Bread Pudding – I love bread pudding!! It’s my favorite dessert and it’s amazingly easy! With peach season here – you will LOVE this peach bread pudding! It’s comfort food with bright, juicy bites of peach with every spoonful!
- Edible Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Dough from The Yard in Gulf Shores is a must-have when you’re visiting – but in the meantime – you can make this version at home!
- Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple – Summertime screams PINEAPPLE! It’s such a happy color and just tastes like summer! It’s the Sweet Tart of the fruit world. And popping pineapple in your air fryer will make the best dessert in just minutes!
- These Traeger Smoked Bacon Wrapped Oreos will satisfy any and all cravings! Sweet? Check! Savory? Check! Sometimes I’m just sitting around on a Saturday and think – I want bacon. And then I think – I want Oreos. Guess what – I want both – AT THE SAME TIME!
There you have it – a whole list of 30+ side dishes great to serve with Pulled Pork – if you need more – be sure to check out the Side Dishes on my site!
And if you have any leftovers of the pulled pork – I’ve got you covered there too! I have over 20 recipes to use up that leftover pulled pork! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Pulled Pork Pasta Salad – I had a version of this at Noodles & Company and came right home and made my own!
- Pulled Pork Empanadas – These are so easy to make – and you can customize them too!
- Pulled Pork Brunswick Stew – this one is my ABSOLUTE favorite! I make it all the time!
- Pulled Pork Totchos – Like pork nachos but on tater tots!
- Leftover Pulled Pork Tacos – Savory & juicy pulled pork, crunchy creamy cabbage slaw, spicy jalapenos and a drizzle of sweet & spicy bbq sauce – all stuffed into street corn tortillas.