Have you been to Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers? We have 7 locations here in the Cincinnati area – and one happens to be right down the road from me in Milford! Some of my favorite things about Freddy’s are:
– high quality food – they don’t cut corners and use great, fresh ingredients!
– they’re owned by the folks from the movie The Blind Side!!! (Yes – the Tuohy’s!)
– the frozen custard is decadent! And you can take some home or get Oreo cookie sandwiches with it packed in the middle!
– they have the best hot dogs! I love their Chicago dog!
– you can order any of their sandwiches Keto style with a lettuce wrap instead of a bun
– you can take home Freddy’s Fry Sauce or their Steakburger & Fry seasoning for yourself! If you buy a $25 gift card this holiday season, you can take home of them for yourself!
– kids kids kids – Kids love Freddy’s as much as Freddy’s loves kids! They have family night every Tuesday with balloons, coloring pages and more! Plus there’s a reading program!
On my last visit – I tried their December special, the A1 Chop House Steakburger! It’s two patties – made Freddy’s way, topped with white cheddar, grilled onions & mushrooms and then topped with their A1 Chop House sauce! OMG – it was sooooo good! See those crispy edges on the burger?! I can tell you how to get them!!!
Copycat Freddy’s A1 Chop House Steakburger
- 1 pound of 85% lean ground beef in 4 patties
- Freddy’s Steakburger & Fry Seasoning
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced and broken apart to rings
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 slices white cheddar
- 2 potato buns
- 2 Tbsp A1 Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Mix together A1, Mayo and Garlic Powder
- Refrigerate until burgers are ready to serve
- Heat skillet and add oil
- Add onions, mushrooms and garlic powder
- Saute 4-6 minutes until onions are carmelized
- Sprinkle with Freddy’s Steakburger & Fry Seasoning
- Set aside until burgers are ready
- Heat griddle to highest setting
- Add four patties to the griddle and space them far apart
- Sprinkle all burgers with Freddy’s Steakburger & Fry Seasoning
- Smash steakburgers! Roll the spatula harder around the edges – leaving the the middle thicker. Thin edges = cripsy edge (read more above)
- Flip the burgers and sprinkle more Freddy’s Seasoning on top.
- Keep smashing those edges with the back of the spatula
- Add one slice of White Cheddar to each patty and melt for 1 minute
- Open the potato bun
- Top with two steakburgers with melted cheddar
- Add a heaping spoonful of sauteed mushrooms & onions
- Spoon your A1 Chop House Sauce over top of all of that deliciousness!
- Top with your bun top!
- Enjoy with skinny fries and some Freddy’s Famous Fry Sauce!