The Parmesan Crusted Chicken at Longhorn Steakhouse is one of my favorite restaurant dishes! Fresh, juicy, grilled chicken becomes irresistible when it’s topped with a creamy, crunchy Parmesan and garlic cheese crust. This is definitely DROOL-WORTHY!
This recipe has been around a while but I took a couple of short cuts and am sharing a way to make it in your air fryer – if you have one! Don’t worry though – no air fryer? No problem! I’ve got you covered either way.
How do you make Parmesan Crusted Chicken?
Parmesan Crusted Chicken is easy! First, marinate chicken breasts – here’s short cut #1 – just use Italian dressing from your fridge! (or if you want to make your own – try the Olive Garden Italian Dressing). I actually found pre-marinated chicken at the store that I used. I popped them in the air fryer (omg so juicy!) to cook them.
While the chicken breasts are cooking (you can also cook on stovetop or in the oven) – mix together your TWO toppings! First up Ranch & Parmesan cheese – just stir these together and set aside. Then for the crust – you mix together your favorite breadcrumbs (or Panko or even Ritz Cracker crumbs) with butter, garlic and more Parmesan cheese.
Once the chicken is done, top it with the ranch, then the crumb mixture and then sprinkle on shredded Provolone and pop it in the broiler (or air fryer) for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
What to serve with Parmesan Crusted Chicken?
Well – you can go Longhorn Steakhouse style and do a baked potato and broccoli – but you can also mix it up with lots of fun side dishes. My Traeger roasted potatoes would be really great alongside this chicken! And if you’re looking for a veggie that doesn’t feel like a veggie – these carrot fries make you think you’re being bad – but you’re not! And these cheesy tomatoes would be great on the side – you could even use the same ranch/cheese mixture – just double it up from the chicken recipe and put it on sliced tomatoes!
Copycat Longhorn Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Place chicken in a ziploc bag and add Italian dressing
- Let marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Prepare chicken to your preference. Oven: 350 for 25 min or Air fryer at 350 for 10 minutes, until chicken is done – 165 internal temp
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare toppings. For the toppings – in one bowl mix together ranch dressing and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan. In a separate bowl – mix together your panko, garlic, 1/3 cup Parmesan and butter.
- Oven instructions: Preheat broiler. Place chicken breasts in baking dish and top with ranch mixture, then top with crumb mixture and finally shredded provolone. Broil on low for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts and topping begins to brown.
- Air fryer instructions: Place chicken breasts in air fryer and top with ranch mixture, then top with crumb mixture and finally shredded provolone. Air fry at 375 for 3 minutes until cheese melts and topping begins to brown.