The Parmesan Crusted Chicken at Longhorn Steakhouse is one of my favorite restaurant dishes! Fresh, juicy, grilled chicken becomes irresistible when it’s topped with a creamy, crunchy Parmesan and garlic cheese crust. This easy copycat recipe is definitely DROOL-WORTHY and tastes better than the restaurant version!
This chicken recipe has been around a while but I took a couple of short cuts and am sharing a way to make it in your air fryer – if you have one! Don’t worry though – no air fryer? No problem! I’ve got you covered either way.
What’s in Longhorn Garlic Parmesan Crusted Chicken?
The parmesan crust on this chicken is so juicy and cheesy – this easy recipe is a favorite for us! Serve it with a side of their sweet & spicy Brussels sprouts.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Italian salad dressing – I like to make my own from my Olive Garden Italian Dressing recipe but you can also use any bottled dressing
- Parmesan cheese – I always recommend freshly grated Parmesan vs. the pre-grated kind! It’s got so much more flavor!
- Ranch dressing – I like to make this from scratch too – it’s always in my fridge – I use the HVR packet and mix with buttermilk & mayo into a creamy ranch sauce.
- panko breadcrumbs – I like Kikkoman panko bread crumbs over regular because they’re crunchier
- minced garlic – I take the shortcut here and buy the jarred kind mainly because I use soooooo much!
- melted butter – I usually use salted but unsalted butter is fine as well
- Provolone cheese – you could also use mozzarella, white cheddar or even a cheese blend
- salt & pepper
How do you make Copycat Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken?
Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a pretty simple dish to make! While the chicken is cooking, you’ve got prep time to get your toppings ready! There’s a little mixing and you top a chicken breast with the mixture – that’s it! Here’s how you make it:
- Place boneless chicken breasts in a gallon freezer bag and add Italian dressing as a flavorful marinade
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours of marinade time or overnight if possible
- The next day, prepare chicken to your preference – you’ll want to undercook the chicken because you’re going to cook it a little longer once the toppings are on it. Place chicken on a baking sheet or an oven safe dish and sprinkle with olive oil:
- Oven: 350º for 25 min
- Air fryer at 350º for 10 minutes
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare topping ingredients:
- Ranch Spread: in a small bowl, mix together ranch dressing and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan.
- Parmesan Crumb Topping: mix bread crumbs, garlic, 1/3 cup Parmesan and butter. Combine ingredients and set aside.
- Then put it all together:
- Oven instructions: Preheat broiler. Remove chicken from oven and top with ranch spread, then crumb topping and finally put the shredded provolone on top of the chicken. Broil on low for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts and topping is a light brown.
- Air fryer instructions: Open air fryer and top each piece of chicken with ranch spread, then crumb topping and finally a layer of cheese. Air fry at 375º for 3 minutes until cheese melts and topping begins to golden brown.
- Using an instant-read thermometer, check to be sure internal temperature is 160-165º
- Remove and serve!
What to serve with Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan Crusted Chicken?
You’ve got options when it comes to this cheesy chicken dinner with a delicious parmesan crust – it goes with so many things!
- Longhorn Steakhouse Brussels Sprouts
- Olive Garden Side Salad
- Texas Roadhouse Smoked Green Beans
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Potato Side Dish Recipes
More Copycat Chicken Recipes
Copycat Longhorn Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Provolone
- pinch salt & pepper
- Place chicken in a ziploc bag and add Italian dressing
- Let marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Prepare chicken to your preference. Oven: 350 for 25 min or Air fryer at 350 for 10 minutes, until chicken is done – 165 internal temp
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare toppings. For the toppings – in one bowl mix together ranch dressing and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan. In a separate bowl – mix together your panko, garlic, 1/3 cup Parmesan and butter.
- Oven instructions: Preheat broiler. Place chicken breasts in baking dish and top with ranch mixture, then top with crumb mixture and finally shredded provolone. Broil on low for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts and topping begins to brown.
- Air fryer instructions: Place chicken breasts in air fryer and top with ranch mixture, then top with crumb mixture and finally shredded provolone. Air fry at 375 for 3 minutes until cheese melts and topping begins to brown.
Leave a Reply