Fried Deviled Eggs are a unique way to make this delicious family-favorite appetizer! I had these in Atlanta – the egg whites are breaded and fried – the filling is topped with bacon and hot sauce. I made these Fried Deviled eggs in the air fryer because it makes them a little healthier (and tastes even better than the originals)!
What You Will ❤️ About Fried Deviled Eggs
- Spot on Copycat! We first had these at Old Lady Gang in Atlanta (RHOA restaurant) and I know that miss Kandi Burruss would even enjoy them!
- Crunchy & Creamy! I love the pairing of the crunch on the egg white and the creamy filling!
- Bacon! Isn’t everything better with bacon? The bacon & hot sauce topping is another reason this recipe stands out!
How do you make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer?
Making boiled eggs in the air fryer is EASIEST way to make them. You don’t even need water! You literally just set six eggs in the air fryer and air fry at 250º for 17 minutes.
I wanted the yolks cooked through since I would be using it for the filling but would probably do a little less time if I was using them for regular boiled eggs to eat on their own.
This recipe was made using the Paula Deen Air Fryer.
Fried Deviled Eggs Ingredients
These Fried Deviled Eggs just have a few more ingredients than regular deviled eggs. We need the breading for those egg whites. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Eggs – No pickiness here – use whatever eggs you have!
- Hooters Wing Breading Flour – I wanted extra zing so I used the Hooters Breading Flour – but you can definitely swap out and use all purpose flour if you’d like.
- Hot sauce – use what you like whether it’s Franks, Sriracha, Tabasco or whatever is in your fridge!
- Panko breadcrumbs – I really love the the crunchiness of Panko vs regular breadcrumbs – plus I love how they get to that beautiful golden brown!
- Deviled Egg Filling – this is a classic mixture with the addition of chili powder over paprika for the extra kick to pair with the hot sauce.
- Cooked Bacon – you need a couple of slices of your favorite bacon – which you can also make in the air fryer!
- Fresh Cilantro – this is for a garnish but it really adds flavor. If you’re one of the anti- cilantro – just leave it out or sub with fresh Italian parsley
How to make Fried Deviled Eggs
- BOIL EGGS: Air fry eggs at 250º for 17 minutes. Place eggs in bowl with ice water for 5 minutes. Drain, peel and rinse eggs and shake off excess water.
- If you prefer – feel free to boil eggs with water in a pot!
- PREP EGGS: Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a plate.
- BREADING PREP: Set up a breading station with shallow bowls:
- Tray 1: Hooters wing breading
- Tray 2: Beaten eggs & hot sauce
- Tray 3: Panko bread crumbs
- BREADING: Heavily coat egg halves in wing breading, then dip egg halves into egg mixture. Move eggs to the panko and press onto all sides of egg halves
- AIR FRY EGG WHITES: Move breaded egg white halves to air fryer basket and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Air fry at 350 for 4 minutes, flip egg halves, spray again, air fry for 4 minutes more until golden brown.
- FILLING PREP: While whites are air frying, mash yolks into a fine crumble using the back of a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and chili powder and mix well. Place into a ziplock quart bag and place in refrigerator
- FILLING EGGS: Once all eggs are done in air fryer – place on serving platter and let cool for 5 minutes. Cut corner of ziploc bag to make it a piping bag and pipe egg yolk mixture into air fried egg whites.
- Top with diced bacon, cilantro and a couple drops of hot sauce on each egg
For the hard boiled eggs, you can just boil in a pot. For the breaded egg whites, deep fry them in a high-sided pan on the stove top.
Yes – you can do the day before to save time.
The fried portion of the deviled eggs will lose a little of its crunchiness when storing – but you can’t reheat them. Store leftover eggs in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
What to serve with Fried Deviled Eggs
More Air Fryer Egg Recipes
Deep Fried Deviled Eggs – in the air fryer
- Place 6 eggs in air fryer and air fry at 250 for 17 minutes6 eggs
- While eggs are cooking, dice bacon and fry on stovetop.2 slices bacon
- Place in bowl with cold water and let rest
- Crack egg shells and peel. Rinse eggs with water – shake dry (do not dry with paper towel)
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a plate.
- Set up a dipping station with 2 plates and a bowl:Tray 1: Hooters wing breadingTray 2: 2 beaten eggs mixed with hot sauceTray 3: panko breading1 cup Hooters Wing Breading Flour, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp hot sauce, 1.5 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Heavily coat egg halves in wing breading
- Dip egg halves into egg mixture – be sure to get the center of the egg where the yolk was
- Move eggs to the panko and coat – pushing panko onto all sides of egg halves
- Move breaded egg white halves to air fryer and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Air fry at 350 for 4 minutes, flip egg halves, spray again, air fry for 4 minutes more. Egg halves will be golden. (you may need to do in batches depending on size of air fryer)
- While whites are air frying, mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and chili powder and mix well.1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tsp white vinegar, 1 tsp dijon mustard, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Place into a ziplock quart bag and place in refrigerator
- Once all eggs are done in air fryer – place on serving platter and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut corner of ziploc bag to make it a piping bag and pipe egg yolk mixture into air fried egg whites
- Top with diced bacon, cilantro and a couple drops of hot sauce on each eggcilantro, hot sauce