Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo is an easy pasta dinner and a delicious meal that the whole family will love. It’s creamy comfort food and is ready in just 15 minutes!
What You Will ❤️ About Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo
- Restaurant Favorite – Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo is one of my best friend’s restaurant favorites – I promise you the flavor is spot on and you’ll think you’re at the restaurant!
- Fast & Easy – This homemade sauce combines simple, fresh ingredients like butter, cream and parmesan cheese to make a rich topping to fettuccine pasta.
- Comforting – You can’t get more of a comfort food than the pasta & cheese in this copycat Olive Garden recipe!
Olive Garden Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Ingredients
This is one of my favorite recipes! This copycat recipe has the EXACT same taste as what you get at Olive Garden. It’s definitely the best alfredo sauce I’ve ever had!
- Marinated Chicken Breast – I like to use the Italian pre-marinated chicken breasts but you can marinate yourself as well in the OG Italian Dressing
- Fettuccine Noodles – you can use any pasta but the fettuccini is very thick and holds the chicken and sauce well
- Butter – I like to use salted butter but unsalted butter is fine as well
- Garlic – everything is better with garlic
- All Purpose Flour – this helps thicken the sauce
- Heavy Cream & Milk – you could also swap with half and half
- Parmesan Cheese – Romano cheese is a good swap as well
How do you make Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo recipe?
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- While water is boiling, cook boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Air fry chicken breasts at 360 degrees for 12 minutes.
- You can also cook chicken on a cast-iron grill pan with olive oil
- When there is five min left on pasta, in a non-stick large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter to pan. Once butter melts add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk flour into butter & garlic. Quickly add cream, milk and cheese and turn heat to low.
- Stir frequently until sauce simmers and remove from heat
- Drain pasta when done and remove chicken from air fryer. Let rest and then slice chicken.
- Add cooked pasta to alfredo and toss lightly.
- Place coated pasta in a large serving dish and top with chicken. Garnish with parsley & Parmesan! You can also add salt & black pepper if you like to taste.
Chicken Alfredo Variations
- Veggies – steamed broccoli is a great addition to this alfredo dish
- Cheeses – add different cheeses like Romano, Asiago or even a little cream cheese
- Swap Pasta – swap the fettuccine with ziti or penne
- Shrimp – swap out the chicken for grilled shrimp
Tips, Tricks & FAQ
You can use any of the following: 2%, whole milk, half and half or cream – I like to balance it out. The more cream – the thicker. The more 2% – the thinner your sauce will be.
Fettuccine is obviously a natural choice – but you can pretty much use any pasta you like.
I like to air fry the chicken – I use pre-marinated chicken breasts and pop them in the air fryer for 12 minutes at 360. They come out juicy and perfect. You can also grill the chicken or pan sear it but the air fryer makes the juiciest chicken.
There’s no egg in Olive Garden Alfredo but let me tell you it’s a dairy-lovers dream with butter, milk, cream and cheese! In the end, it is vegetarian but not vegan.
Because there is a little flour in it though, it’s not gluten free.
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or in a sauce pan for 3-5 minutes. If heating in sauce pan, add a little cream.
So you can but it’s not recommended. If you just have 1-2 portions – it’s ok but definitely don’t make a full batch of alfredo sauce and freeze. You can make this homemade alfredo sauce in less than 10 minutes – it’s not a time saver to freeze it.
What to serve with Olive Garden Alfredo
Besides those famous Olive Garden breadsticks, there are other great side dishes for alfredo:
- Salad with Olive Garden dressing
- Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Italian Green Beans
Most Popular Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
Some folks might mock the OG – but it’s one of my favorite restaurant chain places!
More pasta recipes
Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo
- 2 Italian marinated chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb Fettuccine
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1.5 cup whipping cream
- 1.5 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup Parmesan (or Romano) grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions1/2 lb Fettuccine
- While water is boiling, start chicken. I use air fryer at 360 for 12 minutes. You can also pan sear on medium heat or grill.2 Italian marinated chicken breasts
- When there is five min left on pasta, in a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add butter to pan. Once melted, add garlic to the pan.6 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp garlic
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally
- Whisk in flour2 tbsp flour
- Quickly add in cream, milk and cheese.1.5 cup whipping cream, 1.5 cup 2% milk, 1 cup Parmesan (or Romano)
- Whisk frequently until sauce simmers and remove from heat
- Drain pasta when done
- Remove chicken from air fryer and let rest for five minutes. Then slice.
- Add cooked pasta to alfredo and toss lightly. Top with sliced chicken.
- Serve and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley
Leave a Reply