PF Chang’s Fried Rice is a huge favorite among my friends and I! We love PF Changs! Frankly, it’s the first fancy Chinese restaurant I ever went to and it was the first time I tried something other than sweet & sour chicken oh so many years ago. I like that the rice has a ton of flavor and there’s little veggie bites throughout! So good!
My favorite dish at PF Changs has always been their Lettuce Wraps but now I get that as an app and this fried rice as my main dish!
How to make PF Chang’s Fried Rice?
This Copycat PF Changs Fried Rice recipe is surprisingly easy!
Start by cooking Jasmine rice – my tip for more flavorful rice is to use chicken broth instead of water! It adds a ton of flavor!
To save time, while the rice is cooking – I whip up the soy sauce mixture (soy sauce + a few seasonings).
When you start the stir fry – be sure to use sesame oil (huge key ingredient – very strong flavor). Then, add your egg, then veggies, then cooked rice. Once it’s all in – add the soy sauce mixture – and you have PF Chang’s Fried Rice AT HOME!
How long will fried rice last in the fridge or freezer?
You can definitely freeze your leftover fried rice! That’s actually what I did! I portioned it out and put one in the fridge for lunch and one in the freezer for another day. I end up getting a little bank of delicious leftovers that I can grab and go for lunch whenever I need it. In the fridge – these will last 3-4 days.
Can fried rice be reheated?
Definitely – I just reheat in the microwave for 1:30-2 minutes or if you’re feeling fancy – you can re-fry the fried rice! Just throw it in a hot skillet for five minutes.
What to serve with PF Changs Fried Rice?
I love this PF Changs Fried Rice recipe because you could easily add a protein to it like grilled chicken, steak, pork or shrimp – or just enjoy it on it’s own. It’s full of veggies like carrots, peas, bean sprouts and scallions. You could even throw in broccoli, zucchini or mushrooms to make it more filling. Be sure to use FRESH bean sprouts vs. canned. I used canned the first time and didn’t like them. If you want more protein without adding meat – you could add another egg or two when you scramble them at the beginning!
Other great Chinese takeout recipes
- Panda Express Broccoli Beef Recipe
- Panera Teriyaki Chicken & Broccoli Bowl Recipe
- PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe
PF Changs Fried Rice
PF Chang's Fried Rice is a huge favorite among my friends and I!! It’s really pretty easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes and you can add chicken to it to make it a meal.
- Heat chicken broth (or water) in sauce pan to boiling
- Add rice and turn down to simmer for 15 minutes until liquid is gone and rice is fluffy
- While rice is cooking, whisk together soy sauce, mustard, ginger, garlic and molasses and set aside
- Once rice is ready remove from heat
- Place stir fry pan on heat and add 1 tsp of sesame oil
- Crack eggs into pan and scramble in pan
- Once eggs are scrambled, add 1 tsp sesame oil to pan
- Add carrots, green onion, peas and bean sprouts – stir fry for 3-4 minutes
- Add remaining tsp of sesame oil and rice and stir fry for 3-4 minutes
- Spread rice around pan – up around sides – so rice is spread out as much as possible
- Add soy sauce mixture and stir fry additional 3-4 minutes
- Serve and top with green onions
- Use Chicken Broth instead of water to make your rice - it adds so much flavor!!!
- Don't swap out the Sesame Oil - it adds a TON of flavor
- Add in cooked chicken, pork, shrimp etc and more veggies to make it more than a side dish!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for 3-4 days
- Leftovers reheat best in microwave for 1:30 or in skillet for 5 min
Calories: 461kcalCarbohydrates: 67.7gProtein: 17.4gFat: 12.8gSaturated Fat: 2.7gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 1226mgPotassium: 477mgFiber: 5.5gSugar: 7.2gCalcium: 74mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!