This Jalapeno Chicken Wrap is a copycat of my favorite lunchtime treat! This copycat of the Roly Poly Chicken Popper Wrap is filled with chicken, cream cheese, jalapenos and fresh vegetables! It’s an easy dinner recipe and you’re saving calories too!
What You Will ❤️ About Jalapeno Chicken Wrap
- Perfect for busy nights after work! You can put this wrap together in minutes.
- Healthy Eating! This is Weight Watchers approved because we’re being smart with our ingredients!
- Crunchy, Spicy, Creamy! I love the combination of the crunchy onions, spicy jalapenos and smooth cream cheese!
Jalapeno Chicken Wrap Ingredients
Roly Poly is one of my favorite “fast-food” restaurants but there aren’t any in Cincinnati any more. They have a ton of really healthy options that are Weight Watchers friendly! This was one I always ordered because I love everything in it!
- Sliced chicken breast – I always make chicken breast in the air fryer – it’s always so juicy – even if you just season with salt & pepper.
- Low fat cream cheese – this is the Neufchâtel cheese you see in the store – it’s just a low-fat version of cream cheese
- Thinly sliced tomatoes and onion
- Pickled sliced jalapenos
- Fat Free Ranch Dressing – the manager said they use Ken’s – but I like Walden Farms (all their dressings are zero calories!!!)
- Tortillas – they use whole wheat but I really like the Carb Counter Flour Tortilla
- Salsa – for dipping
This grilled chicken wrap is also flexible – just keep the calories in mind if you’re wanting to stay low-cal. Here are some ideas:
- Crumbled Bacon – this will add some calories – but you could use turkey bacon!
- Marinate Chicken – Make your own chicken and marinate it ahead of time! Whip up a quick marinade with olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, paprika and lime juice!
- Spinach – add more crunch by adding fresh spinach or kale.
- Blue Cheese Dressing – swap the ranch for a fat free blue cheese
- Avocado – add a schmear of guacamole or slices of avocado
- BBQ Sauce – swap the salsa for a drizzle of barbecue sauce
How to make a Jalapeno Popper Chicken Wrap
- Spread cream cheese on half of each tortilla
- Spread ranch on top of cream cheese
- Lay out slices of sliced chicken breast in diagonal slices on top of cream cheese
- Top chicken pieces with tomato, a few onion strip and jalapeno into layers
- Tightly roll tortilla
- Heat to brown – place seam side down so it holds together without toothpicks
- stove: place wraps in a very lightly greased skillet and heat for 2-3 min on each side
- air fryer: place wraps in single layer in the air fryer basket – spritz tortillas with olive oil and air fry at 400 for 2 min each side
- Serve with side of salsa for dipping
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Honestly – the stove top was my preferred method a little better – it browns more and warmed it all more cohesively. BUT to save the oil – I will air fry it.
Walden Farms is great because it’s got 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugar!
Roly Poly uses a wheat tortilla but the La Banderita Carb Counter are the best! They actually taste good and are so low-cal and low-carb they’re perfect!
Yup – that’s plenty of meat – especially with the veggies!
No – but if you change to a version with fat – the nutrition will change.
I pulled all the ingredients to one side and just did a really tight roll with the tortilla. Then I dabbed a bit of cream cheese on the end to act like a glue. Then heat seam-side down.
No – you can eat it cold but I always like a hot wrap/sandwich better than cold. It only takes a few minutes.
Jalapeno Chicken Wrap
- Slice your chicken breast, tomato and onion.1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1 tomato, 1/4 onion
- If chicken is cold, heat for 30-40 seconds in microwave so it's warmed up
- Spread 3 tbsp cream cheese on half of each tortilla2 La Banderita Carb Counter tortillas, 6 tbsp light cream cheese
- Top cream cheese with ranch dressing4 tbsp fat free ranch dressing
- Lay chicken, tomato, onion and jalapenos on ranch dressing1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1 tomato, 1/4 onion, 2-3 tbsp pickled mild Jalapeno rings
- Tightly roll tortilla leaving ends open – no need to burrito it. Using cream cheese as a "glue" on the spot where it rolls shut will help it stay together
- Heat to brown: Stove Top: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium high and place wraps, seams side down in skillet for 2-3 min on each side until lightly browned and heated throughAir Fryer: Lay wraps seam side down in air fryer and spritz with olive oil. Air Fry at 400 for 2 min on each side
- Serve with salsa for dipping1/4 cup salsa