Can you air fry acorn squash?
How to cut acorn squash?
I was determined to put the whole acorn squash in the air fryer – so I just cut the acorn squash in half with a large chefs knife. They are pretty hard so be sure to cut the squash on a cutting board. While you’re there – you’ll want to score the squash in a criss-cross pattern with your knife (you’ll see it better in the next step).
Then I put the halves into the air fryer. The basket in mine is pretty tight but this was a small squash – so it fit. I just had to tilt one a little.
How can you bake squash fast?
This acorn squash looked stuffed with brown sugar and butter – but it melts together pretty quickly. And man oh man – is it delicious!!! I can tell you – this was my dinner that night. I ate the whole squash and I can’t wait to do it again! You don’t need anything else – the butter and brown sugar are perfect!
What to serve with Air Fryer Acorn Squash?
You can find more Air Fryer recipes in the Air Fryer Recipes section or in my Air Fryer Facebook group!
Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash
- 4 Tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
How to cook Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- slice acorn squash in half, clean out inside with a spoon
- score inside of squash with knife in criss-cross pattern
- place squash halves in air fryer
- put 2 tbsp butter in each half – laying some slivers on edges
- split brown sugar between each half
- air fry at 400 for 25 minutes
- use tongs or spoons to gently remove squash halves from air fryer onto plate