Frozen salmon in the air fryer is a great QUICK dinner when haven’t done any planning! It’s on the table in 15 minutes and you can even add veggies while the salmon is cooking.
Cooking food from frozen in the air fryer isn’t much different – except for the seasoning. Seasoning won’t really “stick” to frozen – so it can be a bit tricky – but it still comes out delicious!
How to make Salmon in the Air Fryer
– From Fresh
Salmon is delicious on it’s own and doesn’t need much seasoning. Making it is very easy, start by:
- Laying the filet (skin sided down) in the air fryer
- From there, season the salmon. Here are my favorite seasonings (so simple)
- pat of butter, dill sprig, lemon slice and squeeze of the remaining lemon
- schmear of honey, sprinkle of brown sugar
- baste with a light bbq sauce like Williamson Bros. – trust me on this one – it’s THE BEST SAUCE!
- Air fry at 350 for 10 minutes. I like my salmon a little medium rare – I feel like it’s more moist. Test it by flaking at the thickest point and see if it’s done enough for your taste.
– From Frozen
For frozen, there’s not much different!
- Pop out of the freezer, place skin side down in the air fryer.
- Air fry from frozen at a cooler temp so it’s not trying to “fry” right off the git. Start the air fryer at 325 for 3-4 minutes.
- At that point – open AF and season.
- Bump up temp to 350 and air fry for 10 minutes more.
Other Salmon Recipes
What to serve with Air Fryer Salmon
Frozen Salmon in an Air Fryer
- 1 lb frozen salmon
- 2 tbsp lemon herb seasoning
- Lay frozen salmon into air fryer
- Air fry at 360 for 5 minutes
- Open air fryer and season salmon with lemon herb seasoning
- OPTIONAL: This is a great time to add veggies if you like
- Air fry an additional 5 min