Air Fryer Salmon Bites are crunchy and delicious! Dip them in this quick Greek Tzatziki sauce and even the kids will be asking for more salmon. Pair with veggies for dinner and it’s on the table in less than 10 minutes!
What You Will ❤️ About Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Fast! Salmon bites are a fun take on salmon and are done in 10 minutes.
- Healthy! There’s no oil in these “fried” bites and yet they are super crispy!
- Fun! If you’re struggling to get the kids to try salmon – make them crunchy and bite-sized and serve with a dipping sauce!
21 Weight Watchers Air Fryer Recipes!
Ingredients for Salmon Bites
These salmon nuggets have just four ingredients! Salmon is a great source of protein, Omega-3s, potassium, antioxidants, and healthy fats – which we can all use more of!
- Egg Whites – these are low cal and help so the breading sticks to the salmon
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Greek seasoning – I used Greek to go with the dipping sauce
- You could also use a blend like lemon pepper or Italian seasoning – or make your own with garlic powder, onion powder and paprika – use whatever flavor profile you like best!
How do you make Tzatziki Sauce?
Tzatziki Sauce – This delicious dipping sauce only has 5 ingredients, is ready in two minutes and has a very authentic Greek taste.
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Grated Cucumber
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh Dill
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
How to Make Salmon Bites in an Air Fryer
Healthy salmon bites are super easy to make – just bread them and go!
- Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Slice your thawed salmon fillets into 1 1/2″ cubes
- I take the salmon out the night before and let thaw in the refrigerator
- In one dish, beat egg whites and mix together panko/seasoning in a shallow bowl
- Dip salmon cubes in egg whites and then panko/seasoning. Pat the seasoning onto the salmon.
- Set breaded salmon bites in a single layer in air fryer basket. Spray with non-stick cooking spray to help them turn golden brown.
- Air fry at 350 for 3 minutes and the flip and cook 3 minutes more – resist the urge to over cook salmon! Medium salmon has an internal temperature of 130ºF and is very tender!
- Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you might need to cook these in batches. If so – place cooked nuggets in covered pan to keep warm.
- While the salmon bites are cooking, mix together Tzatziki sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl and put in the fridge until the salmon is done.
- Remove salmon from air fryer and serve with a sprinkle of fresh lemon juice and the Tzatziki sauce
This recipe was made using the Paula Deen Air Fryer.
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
If you’re doing a filet, you’ll need to cook between 8-12 minutes but air fryer salmon nuggets are only 5-6 minutes.
Use an Instant Read thermometer and test your salmon at the thickest spot. It should read approx 130-135ºF for medium salmon.
Yes – here’s a post with more info on frozen salmon in the air fryer.
Look for skinless salmon fillets that are at least one inch thick. If you do have salmon with the skin on – you can remove it with a very sharp knife before you bread it.
Yes. I would recommend freezing them before baking. You can lay them on a cookie sheet and cover until they’re frozen. Then take them off the sheet and pop them in a freezer bag. Then, when ready to make them – pop them in the air fryer frozen. I would not freeze them after baking as reheating will overcook them.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. (I like these glass ones) You can reheat in the air fryer for 3 minutes at 350º.
Air Fryer Salmon Recipes
If you are looking for salmon recipes – look no further – I’ve got a bunch – here are my faves!
What to serve with Salmon
These are some of my favorite side dishes to serve with salmon!
- Copycat Panera Greek Salad
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Asparagus (this vegetable takes the same time as the salmon – so it’s a great combo!)
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple – pineapple goes great with salmon!
More Air Fryer Recipes for Fish & Seafood
16+ Must Have Air Fryer Accessories
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- 1 lb salmon
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Greek seasoning
- 2/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup grated cucumber
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dill
- Combine the Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, dill and salt and refrigerate until serving
- If your salmon has skin, use a boning knife to remove skin from salmon. Cut into 1 1/2” bite sized pieces. Try and find a thick piece of salmon as the bites should be about 1 1/2" cubes.
- In a bowl, place egg whites. Then place panko and Greek seasoning in a plate and stir
- Lightly dip salmon into egg whites, letting excess drip off. Coat salmon in panko & seasoning mixture and shake off extra.
- Place salmon nuggets inside air fryer and spritz with olive oil
- Air fry at 350 for 3 minutes. Flip pieces, spritz with oil and cook an additional 3 min
- Serve with yogurt sauce
- Try and find a thick cut of salmon so the bites are 1 1/2″ cubes
- If you don’t have Greek seasoning – you can use a Lemon Herb seasoning as a replacement
- Weight Watchers Points
- Green – 6
- Blue & Purple – 2
- **We are not dietitians and recommend you seek a nutritionist for exact nutritional information. The information in the nutrition box are calculated through a program and there is room for error. If you need an accurate count, I recommend running the ingredients through your favorite nutrition calculator.**
Leave a Reply