Air Fryer Salmon Nuggets are crunchy and delicious! Dip them in this quick Greek Tzatziki sauce and even the kids will be asking for more salmon. Perfect as an appetizer or pair with veggies for dinner – and it’s on the table in less than 10 minutes!Jump to Recipe
I take the salmon out in the morning and then, after work, bread it quick and dinner is nearly done! Salmon cooks so quickly – it’s perfect in the air fryer!
What ingredients do you use for breading fish?
My favorite ingredients for breading fish are egg whites, panko and your favorite seasoning. The egg whites are very low cal and you’re just needing to dampen the fish so the breading sticks to the fish.
For the seasoning, you can mix the panko with your favorite seasoning mix. I like Greek seasoning but you could also use Lemon Herb (lemon is great with salmon) or even an Italian seasoning.
Where do you get the best salmon?
I’ve just started working with Salmon Sitka Shares and love it! They work with small family fish farms in Alaska to bring quality, fresh-caught fish from the boat to your door. When I visited Alaska – I met with salmon fishermen and know how they’re working to rebuild America’s seafood supply through healthy, sustainable fishing.
With Salmon Sitka Shares – you get $25 off your first Premium Share with my code TFHFish
- You will receive a box of fresh caught fish delivered to your door each month! It’s fresh caught based on the season – with a variety of fish each month from salmon, cod, halibut, crab and more!
- Your fish will be caught with love and care by small-boat family fishermen, many of whom are owners of the company, and all of whom take great pride in harvesting you the best fish.
- You will be completely satisfied with anything and everything you receive from us. If you aren’t, just let us know and we’ll refund your purchase price or replace your fish with something you’d be happier with that we catch.
How to Make Salmon Nuggets in an Air Fryer
- Cut your thawed salmon into 1 1/2″ cubes
- Get your breading trays ready with egg whites in one dish and panko/seasoning in the other dish
- Dip salmon in egg whites and then panko/seasoning
- Set breaded salmon bites in air fryer
- Air fry at 350 for 3 minutes and the flip and cook 3 minutes more
Don’t forget to make the dipping sauce – it’s light and refreshing! So tasty!
Tips and Tricks
Nope! I’ve never preheated and things come out great!
Look for skinless salmon that is at least one inch thick. If you do have salmon with the skin on – you can remove it with a very sharp boning knife before you bread it.
Yes. I would recommend freezing them before baking. You can lay them on a cookie sheet and cover until they’re frozen. Then take them off the sheet and pop them in a freezer bag. Then, when ready to make them – pop them in the air fryer frozen and heat for 3-5 minutes on each side at 350. I would not freeze them after baking as reheating will overcook them.
Sitka Salmon Shares Recipes
If you are looking for salmon recipes – look no further – I’ve got a bunch – here are my faves!
What to serve with Salmon
These are some of my favorite side dishes to serve with salmon!
- Air Fryer Asparagus (takes the same time – so you can make it with the salmon!)
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple – pineapple goes great with salmon!
Air Fryer Salmon Nuggets
- Combine the Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, dill and salt and refrigerate until serving
- If your salmon has skin, use a boning knife to remove skin from salmon. Cut into 1 1/2” bite sized pieces. Try and find a thick piece of salmon as the bites should be about 1 1/2" cubes.
- In a bowl, place egg whites. Then place panko and Greek seasoning in a plate and stir
- Lightly dip salmon into egg whites, letting excess drip off. Coat salmon in panko & seasoning mixture and shake off extra.
- Place salmon nuggets inside air fryer and spritz with olive oil
- Air fry at 350 for 3 minutes. Flip pieces, spritz with oil and cook an additional 3 min
- Serve with yogurt sauce
- Try and find a thick cut of salmon so the bites are 1 1/2″ cubes
- If you don’t have Greek seasoning – you can use a Lemon Herb seasoning as a replacement
- Weight Watchers Points
- Green – 6
- Blue & Purple – 2