Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Cream Cheese – need I say more? It’s literally all my favorite things brought down to one sweet, spicy, crunchy and savory bite! This is a great appetizer for any occasion!
What You Will ❤️ About Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Cream Cheese
- Keto-Friendly – use a sugar-free bbq sauce and it’s a low-carb app!
- Jalapeno Popper Shrimp – it’s like a jalapeno popper + shrimp had a baby!
- Fun to Make – you’ve got some knife skills to put to work here but it’s pretty fun to put it all together and then wrap it in bacon
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Jumbo Raw Shrimp – when you’re eating shrimp as an app – go big! be sure to get large shrimp (or jumbo) that is raw, peeled, deveined & tails removed
- Bacon – because shrimp cooks quickly – I would NOT use thick cut bacon – it will take longer and your shrimp will get overcooked. So use a thinner cut bacon for this one.
- Cream Cheese – shrimp (even Jumbo) are still small – so you’ll need about 4 oz – you can use the tub or brick cream cheese. You could swap the cream cheese for cheddar or monterey jack cheese if you like but I like the silky texture of cream cheese.
- Jalapenos – I recommend a fresh jalapeno pepper for this because it adds a crunch – when you remove the seeds – it’s not really spicy either
- BBQ Sauce – use your favorite as we’re just basting but I recommend something with a little sweetness
- Pita Rounds – this might be my favorite part – they catch some of the bacon drippings and are so delicious!!! You could also use the mini naan dippers that are already in bite-sized pieces.
This recipe was made using the Paula Deen Air Fryer.
How to make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Cream Cheese
- Using a sharp thin boning knife – butterfly shrimp being careful not to slice all the way through. I sliced the thicker end of the shrimp and opened that end up to make a little pocket for the filling!
- Schmear about 1/2 tsp cream cheese into the opening of each shrimp.
- Add a thin small slice of jalapeno and fold the shrimp back together
- Take half slice of bacon and TIGHTLY wrap the shrimp with bacon. The bacon strips will warm up as you handle them and basically stick to itself so you don’t really need toothpicks.
- Place wrapped shrimp on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Slice pitas into triangles and place them in the bottom of the air fryer under the rack to catch the bacon grease and get toasty!
- Place bacon wrapped shrimp in air fryer and baste with a little bbq sauce
- Air fry at 350º for 8 min. Flip shrimp and baste again. Air fry for 8 min more or until bacon is cooked through.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer you might need to do them in two batches – you don’t want to crowd them
- Remove bacon-wrapped shrimp and pita from air fryer and serve with a bbq dipping sauce – it’s delicious!
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat leftovers in the air fryer at 325º for 4 minutes
Yes – you can broil them on low for 5-10 minutes per side until bacon is done to desired likeness. Broilers can cook quickly – so keep a close eye on them!
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style appliance! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Cream Cheese
- 1 lb jumbo raw shrimp peeled, devined
- 10 slices bacon sliced in half
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno thin slices
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 3 pita rounds cut into triangles
- using a sharp thin knife – butterfly shrimp being careful not to slice all the way through – i just did the thicker end of the shrimp
- schmear a little cream cheese into the opening – maybe 1/2 tsp
- add a thin small slice of jalapeno
- take half slice of bacon and TIGHTLY wrap the shrimp with bacon
- refrigerate for 30 minutes
- take one pita round (or a slice of bread) and place in the bottom of the air fryer under the rack to catch the bacon grease
- place shrimp in air fryer and baste with a little bbq sauce
- air fry at 350 for 8 min
- flip, baste and air fry for 8 min more
- depending on your air fryer you might need to do them in two batches – you don’t want to crowd them
- cut up the pita into triangles and serve with the shrimp – it’s delicious