This Copycat Texas Roadhouse Grilled Shrimp is seasoned perfectly and drizzled with a savory Garlic Lemon Pepper Butter. After a quick marinade, these flavor filled shrimp are ready in just 5 minutes!
What You Will ❤️ About Texas Roadhouse Shrimp Copycat Recipe
- Seafood Sensation! You may not think of Texas Roadhouse as a seafood restaurant but their grilled shrimp is legendary and making it at home is super simple!
- Quick Appetizer or Main Dish! These grilled shrimp are great as an appetizer for a steak dinner or as the main dish. Great when paired with seasoned rice and Smoked Green Beans.
- Quick & Easy! Marinate for 30 minutes and then shrimp cooks in just 5 minutes!
Ingredients for Texas Roadhouse Grilled Shrimp
This copycat recipe has all the taste of Texas Roadhouse without the price! You can make a whole pound for the same price as two skewers! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Raw Shrimp – large, peeled, deveined & tail on
- Be sure to get RAW shrimp – it cooks in less than 5 minutes
- Peeled & Deveined Shrimp makes it easier on you!
- When the shrimp is the focus, I always use Jumbo or Large shrimp – but you can get other size shrimp if you like.
- If using frozen shrimp vs. fresh shrimp, remove shrimp from freezer 2 days prior to serving. Let thaw in refrigerator or open bag and fill with cool water. Shrimp should thaw in 15-20 min.
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- Italian Seasoning – or use a combination of basil, thyme and oregano
- Fresh Parsley
- Lemon Slices
- Lemon Pepper Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce
- Salted butter
- Minced garlic
- Fresh lemon juice
- Dried parsley
- Black pepper
Grilled Shrimp Skewers are simple and quick but you can tweak it to make it your own!
- Spicier – add chili powder and red pepper flakes to the marinade and dipping sauce
- Veggies – add cherry tomatoes and chunks of zucchini to the skewers – they’ll cook quickly like the shrimp
- Swap Seasonings – If you don’t have Lawry’s Seasoning salt, you can use a combination of salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika or even Old Bay seasoning which is always great on seafood.
- Steak Seasoning – take a real shortcut and use the Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning – it’s delicious on shrimp too!
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Shrimp Recipe
This copycat recipe is so easy to make! A little marinade and a few minutes on the grill! Here’s what you do:
- In a large mixing bowl or plastic zipper bag, add the olive oil, lemon juice, Seasoning salt and Italian seasoning. Mix to combine.
- Add the shrimp and make sure they’re all coated. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Don’t marinate longer or the lemon juice will start to “cook” the shrimp.
- Thread four shrimp onto a wooden or metal skewer and continue with the rest of the shrimp. Cook over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes each side using tongs to flip the skewers. Shrimp will be opaque when it’s done.
- You can cook your shrimp in multiple ways:
- non-stick pan or grill pan – spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat on medium-high
- air fryer – 380º for 3 min on each side
- You can cook your shrimp in multiple ways:
- In microwave safe dish, melt butter. Remove from microwave and add garlic, lemon juice, parsley and pepper and stir.
- Remove from the heat and serve shrimp skewers over seasoned rice on a serving platter. Serve with melted butter and garnish with lemon wedges and chopped parsley.
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Cooked shrimp is already cooked and is really just to be used for shrimp cocktail or cold dishes. Re-cooking it will make it very rubbery! Always look for RAW shrimp.
Sure! You can use a fork or paring knife to slice the peel and pop it off – leaving the tail on. Deveining is a little trickier and I recommend watching a Youtube video before doing it yourself.
Store leftover remaining shrimp in an airtight container (I like these glass storage ones) in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave for 90 seconds, in a skillet for 2-3 minutes or in the air fryer for 3-4 min.
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
What to serve with Grilled Shrimp
- Olive Garden Signature Salad
- Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
More Steakhouse Copycat Recipes
- Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter
- Longhorn Steakhouse Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- Outback Steakhouse Baked Potato Soup
More Shrimp Recipes
Texas Roadhouse Grilled Shrimp
- 1 lb raw shrimp large or jumbo, peeled & deveined, tail-on
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
Garlic Lemon Pepper Butter
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice 1/4 fresh lemon
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 lemon
- In a large mixing bowl or plastic zipper bag, add the olive oil, lemon juice, Seasoning salt and Italian seasoning. Mix to combine.3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt, 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Add the shrimp and make sure they're all coated. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.Don't marinate longer or the lemon juice will start to "cook" the shrimp.1 lb raw shrimp
- Thread four shrimp onto a wooden or metal skewer and continue with the rest of the shrimp. Cook over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes each side using tongs to flip the skewers. Shrimp will be opaque when it's done.You can cook your shrimp in multiple ways:grill – medium high for 2-3 min each sidenon-stick pan or grill pan – spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat on medium-highair fryer – 380º for 3 min on each side
- In microwave safe dish, melt butter. Remove from microwave and add garlic, lemon juice, parsley and pepper and stir.4 tbsp salted butter, 2 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp dried parsley, 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Remove from the heat and serve shrimp skewers over seasoned rice on a serving platter. Serve with melted butter and garnish with lemon wedges and chopped parsley.2 tbsp fresh parsley, 1/4 lemon
Leave a Reply