Weight Watchers Chicken Broccoli casserole has all the flavors you love but so much less fat and calories! Swapping out the regular rice for cauliflower rice is a great start – but I have a couple other tweaks you’ll have to check out! This serves a family or leaves you with leftovers for a quick lunch!
Chicken Broccoli Casserole is normally laden with cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, mayo and lots of cheese. This version lightens everything up by using fat free COM soup, plain Greek yogurt and just a touch of cheese.
How do you make Chicken Broccoli Casserole?
It’s pretty quick and easy to make – layer the ingredients and into the oven it goes!
- Precook your cauliflower rice according to package directions – if you like it firmer – you could put it in frozen on the bottom of the dish. Just break it up so it’s spread evenly.
- Next up – steam your broccoli (and mushrooms if you like) – cut into bite-sized pieces and place in a microwave steamer (this is the one I have) with 1-2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 1:30 minutes. Layer the broccoli on top of the rice.
- Mix together fat free cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken if you don’t like mushrooms), fat free ric and plain fat free Greek yogurt. The yogurt for sour cream swap comes in SO HANDY!
- Add in your cooked chicken breast. I’ve got a tip for you on how to make that much more quickly below!
- Spoon the soup/chicken mixture over the veggies
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350.
- Open the oven and sprinkle a little grated cheese over the top and bake until melted. I like to use broil to melt quickly and get a little browning. (I used mini-babybel light to keep the point down)
How can you quickly cook chicken breasts for recipes?
Your Air Fryer!!! I put plain chicken breasts into the air fryer at 350 for 12-14 minutes – depending on the size and thickness – and that’s it!!! It comes out SO juicy – and so much quicker than poaching or baking! Check the temp to determine doneness – I take them out around 145/150 – then let them rest and they’ll come up to temp. I mean – look at how juicy they are!!!
How many Weight Watchers points are in Chicken Broccoli Casserole?
I joined Weight Watchers just before the new year and am loving it!!!! I’ve had success with it before and needed to jump back on the train. I’m currently on the Green plan which has the least amount of “free” foods – but it sort of trains you more on portion control. This Chicken Broccoli Casserole has 6 servings and is 4 points on Green and 2 points each on Blue & Purple.
Looking for other Weight Watchers-friendly Recipes?
Weight Watchers Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- 2 chicken breasts uncooked
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 3 cups broccoli uncooked
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
- 2 rounds Babybel Mini Light cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with nonstick spray
- Cook chicken breast. – Oven: Bake at 350 for 25 min– Air Fryer: AF at 350 for 12-14 min
- Steam broccoli and mushrooms in microwave for 1:30 minutes– If you have a microwave steamer – great! If not, put in a bowl with 1-2 Tbsp water and cover with Glad Press n Seal
- Prepare cauliflower rice according to package directions. If you like it firmer – you can put it straight in the baking dish frozen. Just break it up first so you can spread it.
- Spread cauliflower rice in bottom of baking dish. Top with broccoli and mushrooms.
- Dice chicken.
- In a bowl, mix soup, yogurt and ricotta. Fold in diced chicken.
- Pour chicken/soup mixture over broccoli
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
- Turn oven to broil. Sprinkle cheese on top and broil for 3 minutes until cheese is melted and starts to brown
- Sprinkle with a pinch of coarse sea salt when you serve