One of my favorite downtown restaurants closed last week (RIP Paula's Cafe). They had an amazing Chicken & Wild Rice Soup that was chock full of goodness - including mushrooms.
Thick and creamy, chicken and mushroom goodness!
Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
* Uncle Ben's Ready Rice - Wild Rice
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/2 onion, diced
* 2 medium carrots, diced
* 2 stalks celery, diced
* 1 tsp thyme
* 1/3 cup flour
* 4 cups chicken broth
* 2 cups rotisserie chicken
* 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
* 3/4 cup heavy cream
* In large pot, add olive oil and heat. Saute onions, carrots and celery until softened.
* Add thyme and flour to sauteed veggies. Cook & stir for a couple of minutes until veggies are coated.
* Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil
* Add rotisserie chicken, mushrooms, salt & pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes
* Add Uncle Ben's Ready Rice and cream. Bring soup to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes