Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters are my new favorite side dish! They’re light and you can still get some cheese in there. There’s a little crunch, a little salty, a little cheese – they’re so good! The best part is they’re low in points for Weight Watchers – but if you’re not on WW – you can still enjoy them – just with more ranch!
I made these zucchini fritters with feta cheese and lots of dill – so good! Mixing them together is fun too and they cook in about 15 minutes. With WW, for 2 fritters, they are 4 points on Green and 3 points on Blue & Purple.
How do you make air fryer zucchini fritters?
Zucchini fritters are easy to make – here’s the steps:
- Shred Zucchinis on a grater (I partially peeled so you could still see some green) and squeeze out excess water with a cheesecloth. Do this a couple of times to get all the water out! If you don’t have cheesecloth – use a kitchen towel. Paper towels will not work for this!
- Add zucchini, flour, breadcrumbs, egg, feta, onion, chives, garlic, fresh dill, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix together with a spatula.
- Make 8 patties with the mixture and lay out on a cutting board.
- Place the patties in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Put zucchini patties in the air fryer and spritz lightly with olive oil spray
- Air fry at 350 for 5 minutes
- Flip patties and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until brown.
Why are my zucchini fritters soggy?
If you’ve got soggy zucchini fritters you most likely didn’t squeeze enough water out. Zucchini hold a lot of water – so squeeze away! Again – be sure to use cheesecloth or a kitchen towel. No paper towels here – they just sog and fall apart.
What to dip zucchini fritters in?
These air fryer zucchini fritters do have feta in them – so they’d be great with a tzatziki sauce (greek yogurt, cucumber, dill) – but I made some of my famous Jalapeno Ranch and it was delicious!
Can you reheat zucchini fritters?
Yes – and the best way to reheat them is – THE AIR FRYER!!!! If you microwave them, they’re just going to be soggy – but the air fryer makes them super crispy and tasty! I heat them for about 4-5 minutes at 350.
What can you serve with Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters?
These fritters are great because they take 10-15 minutes – which is about the same as most proteins! Here are some of my favorites:
Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- 2 zucchini partially peeled, grated
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs fresh
- 1 egg
- 2 oz reduced fat feta
- 1/4 cup onion grated
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Peel about half the skin off the zucchini keeping some for the green color.
- Grate zucchini and onion on a cheese grater
- Place zucchini and onion in cheesecloth or in a kitchen towel and squeeze the water out. Once you give it a good squeeze – open and loosen – then squeeze again.
- For the breadcrumbs, I just broke up 2 slices of bread and placed in the blender to chop up. These were fewer points than regular breadcrumbs – but you can use either.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients with a spatula
- Make 8 patties with the mixture and lay on a cutting board. Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove patties from freezer and place in air fryer. Spritz lightly with olive oil.
- Air fry at 375 for 5 minutes. Flip, spray with OO and air fry additional 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with Tzatziki or Ranch