Skip frying and baking and make zucchini fritters in your air fryer instead. These zucchini fritters are crispy outside and tender inside, perfect for a weekend breakfast, snack, appetizer or side dish. Plus – they’re only 3-4 WW points for two fritters!Jump to Recipe
These easy zucchini fritters are my new favorite side dish! They’re light and you can still get some feta cheese in there. There’s a little crunch, a little salty, a little cheese – they’re so good!
What are zucchini fritters made out of?
- zucchini – each zucchini makes 4 patties
- flour – you could swap out almond flour if you’re going keto or low carb
- large egg
- reduced fat feta – you could also add in some parmesan cheese
- fresh chives – you can also use the tops from green onions
- seasonings: garlic (I use minced but you could also use garlic powder), dill (I love to use fresh herbs when I can), sea salt & black pepper
How do you make air fryer zucchini fritters?
Zucchini fritters are easy to make – here’s the steps:
- Shred Zucchinis on a box grater (I partially peeled so you could still see some green) and squeeze out excess liquid with a cheesecloth. Do this a couple of times to get out as much moisture as you can! If you don’t have cheesecloth – use a clean kitchen towel. Paper towels will not work for this!
- Add zucchini, flour, breadcrumbs, egg, feta, onion, chives, garlic, fresh dill, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix together with a spatula.
- Make 8 patties with the zucchini mixture and lay out on a cutting board.
- Place the patties in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Put zucchini patties in the air fryer basket and spritz lightly with olive oil spray
- Air fry at 350 for 5 minutes
- Flip patties and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until brown.
Best Air Fryer Accessories
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
Why are my zucchini fritters soggy?
If you’ve got soggy zucchini fritters you most likely didn’t squeeze enough water out. Zucchini hold a lot of water – so squeeze away! Again – be sure to use cheesecloth or a kitchen towel. No paper towels here – they just sog and fall apart.
How do you keep zucchini fritters crispy?
Making sure you have as much moisture out is the first step. After that – if you want them to crisp up in the air fryer – you can spritz with olive oil or a little cooking spray. That helps a great deal with the browning process.
Why are my zucchini fritters falling apart?
Again – it goes back to the moisture. If you have a loose batter – you can add more flour, breadcrumbs and cheese.
Can you freeze zucchini fritters leftovers?
Yes – be sure to use an airtight container. I like these glass meal prep containers – I use them for everything because they go from fridge to freezer to microwave so easily!
Can you reheat zucchini fritters?
Yes – and the best way to reheat them is – THE AIR FRYER!!!! If you microwave them, they’re just going to be soggy – but the air fryer makes them super crispy and tasty! I heat them for about 4-5 minutes at 350.
What to dip zucchini fritters in?
These air fryer zucchini cakes do have feta in them – so they’d be great with a tzatziki sauce (greek yogurt, cucumber, dill) – but I made some of my famous Jalapeno Ranch dressing and it was delicious!
What can you serve with Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters?
These fritters are great because they take 10-15 minutes – which is about the same as most proteins! Here are some of my favorites:
More Vegetable Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- 2 zucchini partially peeled, grated
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs fresh
- 1 egg
- 2 oz reduced fat feta
- 1/4 cup onion grated
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Peel about half the skin off the zucchini keeping some for the green color.
- Grate zucchini and onion on a cheese grater
- Place zucchini and onion in cheesecloth or in a kitchen towel and squeeze the water out. Once you give it a good squeeze – open and loosen – then squeeze again.
- For the breadcrumbs, I just broke up 2 slices of bread and placed in the blender to chop up. These were fewer points than regular breadcrumbs – but you can use either.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients with a spatula
- Make 8 patties with the mixture and lay on a cutting board. Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove patties from freezer and place in air fryer. Spritz lightly with olive oil.
- Air fry at 375 for 5 minutes. Flip, spray with OO and air fry additional 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with Tzatziki or Ranch