You know the one – with the imitation crab meat, celery and cheese!!! I’m kind of picky with imitation crab meat and usually just like it cold (it’s a great Weight Watchers snack btw) – but this casserole is my exception. I love it!
How to make Chinese Crab Casserole?
It’s a very simple recipe – you just grab all the ingredients and mix them together. Top with cheese and bake! I save a few of the green onions for the top after baking for added crunch.
Can you freeze Chinese Crab Casserole?
My first try at the recipe had too much cream cheese – so reduced the amount and remade and it was just right. This Chinese buffet crab meat casserole is my new favorite – creamy, cheesy, crunchy and crabby!
Easy Imitation Crab Recipes
Frankly my favorite thing for imitation crab is to eat it cold. It’s delicious in some cocktail sauce and a 0 point snack if you’re on Weight Watchers. But the other recipe I’ll make with Imitation Crab is Pasta Salad! It’s creamy and light – I often times make this and take the leftovers all week for lunch. And if we’re talking about Chinese food recipes – there’s no crab but don’t forget my Lettuce Wraps!
Copycat Crab Meat Casserole
- 8 ounces imitation crab meat
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- zest & juice from 1 small lemon
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced (2 small stalks)
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced (3 green onions)
- 1/4 (2 ounces) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
How to cook Copycat Crab Meat Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, lemon zest & juice, garlic salt, ½ cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, celery, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well to combine and stir in the imitation crab meat.
- Spoon into a greased casserole dish, top with the remaining cheese.
- Place into the oven and Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the casserole is bubbly.