Can Cheesy Ham & Hashbrown Casserole Be Made Ahead of Time?
Can you make Cheesy Ham & Hashbrown Casserole with Frozen Hashbrowns?
Yes! I used the fresh hashbrowns in my recipe (below) but you could easily substitute frozen hashbrowns if you wanted to. Don’t have Jarlsberg cheese? You could use Swiss! Or whatever cheese you like best (CoJack would be great too!)
Can you freeze Cheesy Ham & Hashbrown Casserole?
This Cheesy Ham & Hashbrown Casserole is going to be a repeat recipe in my house for sure! I love making a big batch and then portioning out the leftovers into smaller containers. Then – in the freezer they go!!! Take one out and pack it in my lunch bag for work! I hate having to eat the same leftover for days!
I hope your family loves this Cheesy Ham & Hashbrown Casserole as much as I do!
Cheesy Leftover Ham & Potato Casserole
- 2 cups Jarlsberg cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 bag about 20 oz Simply Potatoes Hash Browns
- 1-2 cups diced ham
- 3 Tbsp Butter melted
- Grease 8×8” baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix mayo, lemon juice, salt, sour cream onion, soup, black pepper and 1.5 cups of cheese
- Add hash browns, ham and melted butter. Mix well.
- Transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake 40 minutes until bubbly
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
Leave a Reply