I seared the chop first and then added in the garlic, butter and shallot – getting those flavors in right off the bat – giving them time to dig into the pork chop like I was going to. Then you finish with the chard and tomatoes – they just need a couple of minutes to soften.
If you don’t have – or are afraid of Swiss chard (haha) – you can use spinach or kale too. I like Swiss chard though – you just tear the leaves off the tough stem and add them in. Spinach wilts really quickly and almost disintegrates – whereas chard holds up a little more.
This pork chop came out extremely juicy and delicious – and you’ll notice that PERFECT blush of pink! I’m pretty good with cooking pork but I still always grab the thermometer and temp it to 145. I’ll actually take it off at 140 – because it will continue to cook a bit.
Garlic Butter Pork Chops (Keto!)
- olive oil
- bone in pork chop
- 6-8 Swiss chard leaves
- 15 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp shredded parmesan
- Heat pan to high – add olive oil
- Salt both sides of chop
- Sear chop on both sides for 2-3 min per side – temp meat – when its between 125-135
- Add butter then shallot & garlic – cook for 1-2 min
- Tear chard and add to pan along with tomatoes and pine nuts
- cook for 2 min until tomatoes are soft and chard wilted
- Serve pork chop with all veggies on top and light sprinkle with parmesan cheese