I buy a package of smoked sausage or kielbasa once a month to make this dish – and love the leftovers! You can also change it up by adding your favorite veggies!
How do you make one pot kielbasa pasta?
First – you’ll saute onions, mushrooms (optional) and your kielbasa or smoked sausage. Once they are sauteed, add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta and seasoning. Bring this to a boil and then let it simmer. This allows the noodles to cook while melding the ingredients together. The milk adds a creamy texture without the heaviness of cream.
Once the noodles are all plumped up – you remove it from the heat and then stir in half of the cheese! This adds to the milk to make it a really cheesy cream sauce. Then you’ll top it with the rest of the cheese for a melty top.
What can you serve with one pot pasta?
One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta
- Add olive oil to deep dish skillet on medium high heat
- Add onion, sausage and mushrooms and saute until onions and mushrooms soften
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta and seasoning
- Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and turn heat to low
- Simmer for 15 minutes until pasta is tender
- Turn off heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top and cover for 5 minutes for cheese to melt