I have this great Farberware skillet I got from Vocalpoint – and sauteed shallots, garlic and turkey sausage.
After they are sauteed, add chicken broth, tomatoes, mushrooms, milk, pasta and seasoning. Bring this to a boil and then let it simmer. This allows the noodles to cook while melding the ingredients together. The milk adds a creamy texture without the heaviness of cream.
Once the noodles are all plumped up – you remove it from the heat and then stir in half of the cheese! This adds to the milk to make it a really cheesy cream sauce. Then you’ll top it with the rest of the cheese for a melty top.
One Pan Cheesy Smoked Sausage Pasta Skillet
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup shallots, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 – 10 oz can diced tomatoes, Italian
- 1 – 8 oz can mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz dry pasta (macaroni, mini bow tie, etc)
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper, each
- 1 cup shredded cojack cheese
- Add olive oil to a deep dish saute pan over medium high. Add shallots and sausage – cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, mushrooms, milk, pasta and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt.
Feel free to add more veggies if you like - green peppers and onions would be a great addition!