This Weight Watchers Lasagna Soup is so delicious! It’s warm and comforting and there’s no actual pasta in it! But I’ve got a special surprise to take it’s place – and I loved it! This soup even has a touch of cheese and is 5 points on Green and 4 each on the Blue and Purple plans.Jump to Recipe
The one thing NOT missing is that warm comfort that you get with traditional lasagna soup. I topped this with a tablespoon of ricotta and a sprinkling of Parmesan – it really worked. I also froze the leftovers and they reheated really well!
What did you use instead of pasta in your lasagna soup???
Traditional Lasagna Soup has 14 points in a bowl! This only has 4-5!
Hearts of Palm! I came across these lasagna “sheets” that are only 2 points for the whole package! They come in slices about 2″ x 4″ and then I cut them into more bite-sized pieces since they’re going in a soup.
The brunt of the points in this recipe come from the pasta sauce – I used a Tomato Basil Sauce that was 14 points for the jar. You could swap for a fat free marinara type of sauce – I just couldn’t find one.
The points saving by using the hearts of palm lasagna sheets was crazy! 2 oz of lasagna noodles are 6 points and you would need at least 6 oz – so 18 vs 2 – I think that is DEFINITELY worth the trade off.
Tell me about Weight Watchers?
I joined WW right before the new year and have been on it before. It works for me because it allows me to be flexible. With the blog, I eat what I cook – so I need that flexibility of kind of eating what I want. It’s nice though because it forces portion control by giving you “points” for the day. You can learn more on their site if you’re not currently a member. (affiliate link)
How do you make Weight Watchers Lasagna Soup?
- Start by turning your ground turkey into a turkey sausage! I added a few seasonings to give it that sausage flavor (fennel, oregano, rosemary, parsley, salt)
- Brown ground turkey, onion and garlic
- Stir in your “noodles”, chicken stock, marinara, water, salt and pepper
- Bring to a boil and simmer
- Then serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan and a dollop of ricotta (the ricotta makes it for me!)
Can you freeze Lasagna Soup?
Yes!!! I froze without the ricotta – then topped it after reheating. I always have small container of fat free ricotta on WW. it’s 1 point for 6 tablespoons and is great on pizza, soups and more!
What can you serve with Weight Watchers Lasagna Soup?
- Olive Garden Salad
- Air Fryer Garlic Cheese Toast (not WW-friendly – but if you save points on the soup – you can add points for Garlic Bread!)
- Copycat Starbucks WW Banana Bread – a little dessert!
Weight Watchers Lasagna Soup
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 pkg Palmini Hearts of Palm lasagna
- 3 cups no salt added chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 jar marinara or thick spaghetti sauce
- 6 tbsp fat free ricotta cheese
- 6 tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded
- In a bowl, mix together ground turkey, salt, fennel, oregano, rosemary and parsley
- Spray pot with non-stick spray and turn on medium high. Add onion and garlic. Saute until onion starts to soften.
- Add turkey sausage and brown
- While turkey is browning, drain Hearts of Palm and cut into bite sized pieces
- When turkey is browned, stir in Hearts of Palm, chicken stock, marinara, tomato paste and salt
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan and a dollop of ricotta