This Weight Watchers Lasagna Soup is so delicious! It’s warm and comforting and there’s no actual pasta in it! But I’ve got a special surprise to take it’s place – and I loved it! This soup even has a touch of cheese and is only 4/5 smart points.Jump to Recipe
The one thing NOT missing is that warm comfort that you get with traditional lasagna soup. I topped this delicious recipe with a tablespoon of ricotta and a sprinkling of Parmesan – it really worked. I also froze the leftovers and they reheated really well!
Weight Watchers Lasagna Soup Ingredients List
- ground turkey breast – be sure to get turkey breast – the least fat possible!
- You can use lean ground beef, ground pork or ground chicken but your points will be a little higher
- seasonings: kosher salt, fennel, oregano, rosemary, parsley, garlic cloves
- yellow onion – if you want to load it up with lots of veggies – you can add bell pepper, fresh mushrooms, zucchini or even fresh spinach
- Palmini Hearts of Palm lasagna noodles – this is the key! It’s a vegetable that’s shaped like pasta! It really does the trick!
- low-sodium chicken broth – if you use ground beef – you could use beef broth instead of chicken
- tomato paste – I buy the tomato paste in a tube – it’s the easy way to just use a little bit and refrigerate for next time
- marinara or thick pasta sauce – try and use a sugar free & fat free marinara to save more points & calories!
- fat free ricotta cheese – instead of slathering with tons of mozzarella cheese or cottage cheese – just use a little ricotta on top – all the flavor but so much less fat & calories!
- Parmesan cheese shredded
What did you use instead of pasta in your lasagna soup???
Traditional Lasagna Soup has 14 points in a bowl! This healthy lasagna soup only has 4-5! Why? Hearts of Palm! I came across these lasagna “sheets” that are only 2 points for the whole package! They come in slices about 2″ x 4″ and then I cut them into bite-sized 1-inch pieces since they’re going in a soup.
This was the first time I used them – but the points saving from using the hearts of palm lasagna sheets was crazy! 2 oz of lasagna noodles are 6 points and you would need at least 6 oz – so 18 vs 2 – I think that is DEFINITELY worth the trade off.
If you want a more traditional noodle, you could use whole wheat lasagna noodles, whole grain pasta or another low-carb noodle like Carba-Nada.
Tell me about Weight Watchers?
I joined WW in early 2021 and have been on it before. It works for me because it allows me to be flexible. With the blog, I eat what I cook – so I need that flexibility of kind of eating what I want. It’s nice though because it forces portion control by giving you “points” for the day. You can learn more on their site if you’re not currently a member. (affiliate link)
This lasagna soup recipe is 4/5 points from the smart points (green – blue – purple plan). Their new promotion is personal points which are a little different for everyone but that should give you an idea!
How do you make Weight Watchers Lasagna Soup?
- Grab your Dutch Oven for this recipe
- Start by turning your ground turkey into a Italian sausage! I added a few sausage seasonings to give it that flavor (fennel, oregano, rosemary, parsley, salt). If you want it spicy – add a few red pepper flakes!
- If you’re using a lean ground turkey sausage or chicken sausage – you can eliminate those seasonings
- Brown ground turkey, onion and garlic over medium-high heat with just non-stick cooking spray – I’m avoiding olive oil to save on fat
- If it does stick – you can just add a few tablespoons of water to the pan!
- Stir in your “noodles”, chicken stock, marinara, water, salt and pepper
- Bring to a boil and simmer
- Then serve this hearty soup with a sprinkle of Parmesan, fresh parsley and a dollop of ricotta (the ricotta makes it for me!)
- You can even top with fresh basil or other fresh herbs if you have them!
Can you freeze Lasagna Soup?
Yes!!! I froze without the ricotta – then topped it after reheating my bowl of soup. I always have small container of fat free ricotta on WW. It’s only 1 point for 6 tablespoons and is great on pizza, soups and more – plus it leaves you enough points for the rest of your day!
What can you serve with Weight Watchers Lasagna Soup?
- Olive Garden Salad
- Air Fryer Garlic Cheese Texas Toast (not WW-friendly – but if you save points on the soup – you can add points for Garlic Bread!)
- Copycat Starbucks WW Banana Bread – a little dessert!
Other Delicious Weight Watchers Recipes
These WW dishes have become some of my favorite recipes! You’ll never miss the fat & calories! Here are a few to get you started:
Weight Watchers Lasagna Soup
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 pkg Palmini Hearts of Palm lasagna
- 3 cups no salt added chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 jar marinara or thick spaghetti sauce
- 6 tbsp fat free ricotta cheese
- 6 tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded
- In a bowl, mix together ground turkey, salt, fennel, oregano, rosemary and parsley
- Spray pot with non-stick spray and turn on medium high. Add onion and garlic. Saute until onion starts to soften.
- Add turkey sausage and brown
- While turkey is browning, drain Hearts of Palm and cut into bite sized pieces
- When turkey is browned, stir in Hearts of Palm, chicken stock, marinara, tomato paste and salt
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan and a dollop of ricotta