I'm always looking for quick & easy dinners - especially one pot - less dishes for me to clean up after! I pinned this one quite a while ago in my "Recipes I Want To Try" and finally added it into the meal plan for this week. Here we go with a One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta Skillet!
My husband is not a fan of sausage - knowing that - I didn't think he would eat hardly any of this. He ate HALF of it!! I thought for sure I'd have leftovers for days - NOPE! That says it all in this house. :-) I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we did! Thanks to Yellow Bliss Road for the idea!
One Pan Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Pasta Skillet
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Smoked Turkey Sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup shallots, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes, Italian
- 1 8 oz can mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz dry pasta (macaroni, mini bow-tie, rotini, etc...)
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper, each
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- Add olive oil to a deep dish saute pan over medium high. Add shallots and sausage - cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, mushrooms, milk, pasta and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt.