Panera’s Ten Vegetable Soup is obviously LOADED with vegetables – 10 to be exact – but it’s also packed with nutrition and flavor! This copycat recipe has all the healthy goodness you’ve come to expect from Panera – and I think – it even tastes a little better! 😉Jump to Recipe
This does make a BIG batch of soup but I promise everybody will love it! It does take a little while to make – because the more you cook it – the more the flavors meld. So make this on a weekend – the bonus is you’ll have lunches on hand during the week.
Panera Vegetable Soup Ingredients
TEN vegetables – here you go!
- Red pepper
- Yellow pepper
- Poblano pepper
- Garbanzo Beans
There’s also so much other good stuff: garlic, vegetable stock, Better than Bouillon (omg – love this stuff!), soy sauce, mirin, tomato paste, seasonings, chia seeds (so healthy) and brown rice & quinoa.
Panera has spelt in it – which is hard to find – and i think the brown rice and quinoa was a good, nutritious alternative. (I also used the pre-cooked stuff – so much easier!)
How do you make Panera’s 10 Vegetable Soup?
I didn’t go the easy route here – I took a couple extra steps to bring out extra flavor in the veggies by roasting them first. Here’s the basics:
- Set the oven to broil. While it preheats – chop all your veggies and place them on a rimmed baking sheet with garlic and olive oil
- Broil for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through – roasting them like this keeps their texture but lets out some of the juices – yum!
- While the veggies are in the oven, get the Dutch oven on the stove top and add the stock, water and bouillon and get that warming up
- Add everything to the pot except the spinach and simmer for an hour
- Add the spinach right at the end – and you’re done!
Of course! I stuck to the Panera version – but desperately wanted to add mushrooms! I think potatoes and green beans would be great too! You could also swap spinach for kale!
Yes – I browned ground beef and added some in on day 2 & 3 just to change it up a bit! Delicious!
No – but I recommend it! I have 3-4 of their varieties! I chose the Garlic for this to stay vegan/vegetarian. You can also use just plain water, more veg stock or chicken broth.
What goes with Vegetable Soup?
I typically have this as a quick lunch since I’m working from home – but if it is for dinner – then I’ll make some biscuits or a salad! Here’s a few ideas:
Copycat Panera 10 Vegetable Soup
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 poblano pepper diced
- 3 ears corn kernels cut off
- 2 carrots diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- 3 tbsp Better than Bouillon Garlic Base
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1 cup garbanzo beans drained
- 28 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups cooked brown rice & quinoa or spelt or farro
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- Preheat oven to broil – high
- Move oven rack to highest position
- Dice peppers, carrots, onion, celery.
- Cut corn off cob
- Smash garlic cloves using side of knife and chop
- Place all veggies on a parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet
- Sprinkle with olive oil and 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- Broil for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through
- While veggies are roasting, in a dutch oven, add the stock, water and bouillon and turn heat to medium high. Whisk until mixed.
- Remove veggies from oven and set aside
- Add tomato paste, soy sauce, mirin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and salt – stir to combine.
- Add chia seeds, brown rice/quinoa, roasted vegetables, garbano beans, tomatoes and bay leaves
- Gently stir to combine and simmer for 1 hour
- Add the spinach during the last 3 minutes of cooking
- Remove bay leaves
- Spoon & serve!