Frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu in the air fryer is a super simple, 20 minute dinner! Grab it out of the freezer and pop it in the air fryer! This is a great way to enjoy that cheesy stuffed chicken goodness in no time!
What You Will ❤️ About Frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Fast – Dinner is ready in 15-20 minutes and the whole family will enjoy it!
- Swiss cheese – stuffed with cheese and ham – it’s a very delicious dinner
- Air Fry – it’s the best way to cook these – crispy outside, melty cheese inside!
This recipe was made using the Paula Deen Air Fryer.
Frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu Ingredients
- Premade Chicken Cordon Bleu is all you need! There are a couple of options:
- Frozen Raw Chicken – this is a version that is premade but not cooked so it’s raw when you take it out of the package but frozen. I’m using Barber Foods brand in this recipe but there are different brands you’ll find in the grocery store.
- Fresh Chicken – Home Chef also sells a fresh version in the refrigerated deli section of the store. If you are using that, you would reduce the cooking time to 10-12 min.
What is Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a classic dish! Stuffed chicken breasts that are cheesy, meaty and delicious!
The recipe starts with a boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are pounded thin with a meat mallet (or a rolling pin) on a cutting board. Then you layer it with a slice of ham, Dijon mustard and Swiss cheese slices. Roll the chicken breast up, dip it in an egg wash and bread with a bread crumb mixture.
Often times they are made by deep frying which adds a lot of fat! With the air fryer, you’ll have delicious stuffed breaded chicken breasts without the extra calories!
How to Make Frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu in the Air Fryer
It’s very simple and easy to make this stuffed chicken breast in the air fryer – take it out of the package and it goes in the air fryer! Easy dinner made even easier!
- Remove chicken cordon bleu from the wrapper
- Place chicken breasts into the air fryer basket
- You can use a parchment paper liner if you have them. The cheese can ooze out and stick.
- You can definitely make multiple pieces of chicken – just be sure they’re in a single layer in the basket.
- Air fry at 370º for 17-20 minutes until golden brown
- Check the chicken at 17 minutes and test the temperature. You can always add time, but you can’t unburn something.
- Always test in the middle of the chicken breast with an instant-read thermometer to be sure it’s 165ºF internal temperature.
- Remove with tongs and serve
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Yes! It’s a popular cooking method that uses hot air instead of oil to cook foods faster and make them crispy!
Take it out of the package and put it in the air fryer. Air frying is that easy!
Nope – it will brown just fine on its own. No need to add extra oil or cooking spray.
Frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu takes 17-20 minutes cook time in your air fryer. It’s the perfect dish for any weeknight meal!
Because these are frozen cordon bleu – you’re typically only going to make as much as you need. But you can store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat in the air fryer at 250º for 4-5 minutes or in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Best Air Fryer Accessories
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
What to serve with Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- French Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Cheesy Tomatoes
- More side dishes to go with Chicken Cordon Bleu
More Frozen Air Fryer Recipes
- Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Frozen Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Pattie in the Air Fryer
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu in the air fryer
- 4 pieces Frozen Raw Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Remove chicken cordon bleu from the wrapper4 pieces Frozen Raw Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Place chicken breasts into the air fryer basketYou can use a parchment paper liner if you have them. The cheese can ooze out and stick. You can definitely make multiple pieces of chicken – just be sure they're in a single layer in the basket.
- Air fry at 370º for 17-20 minutes until golden brownCheck the chicken at 17 minutes and test the temperature. You can always add time, but you can't unburn something. Always test in the middle of the chicken breast with an instant-read thermometer to be sure it's 165ºF internal temperature.
- Remove with tongs and serve
Leave a Reply