What goes best with Chicken Cordon Bleu? There’s chicken, ham and cheese – but where do you go from there? I’ve got 25+ side dish recipes that are a perfect fit for Chicken Cordon Bleu including salads, carbs and veggies!
Chicken Cordon Bleu actually has nothing to do with Bleu cheese! The phrase “Cordon Bleu” means blue ribbon and meant that it was made to the highest quality. But now – it’s known as a chicken breast that’s been flattened a bit, rolled up with ham & swiss cheese – then breaded with egg and breadcrumbs.
First – let’s touch on the Chicken Cordon Bleu! My favorite way to make it is in the air fryer (of course – I’m a bit obsessed!). This recipe is super simple and ready in less than 30 minutes. I love how tender and juicy the chicken is when you make it in the air fryer – you’ll never have dried out chicken again!
OK – now that I’ve shared my favorite recipe – let’s dive into what to serve with these meaty delights!
The first thing you’re going to look for are vegetables – since my favorite way to make it is in the air fryer – I’ve got some air fryer veggies – and some regular ways to make them! I’m sure you’ll find something you love!
- Grilled Vegetables – Using the Traeger to grill vegetables is the easiest summertime side you’ll find! Set it and forget it – plus the smoky flavor from the Traeger pellets is delicious! This week I made grilled zucchini, peppers and broccoli but there are so many options.
- Italian Green Beans – Green beans with tomatoes and garlic are a perfect side dish for any meal and they’re really easy to make!
- Grilled Corn on the Cob – Grilled corn on the cob is one of those summer staples that I’m obsessed with! Being from Iowa – I can never get enough corn – and the best part is – grilled corn on the cob is super simple and you can’t screw it up!
Air Fryer Veggies
Now – not everyone has an air fryer – which I really can’t comprehend! I mean – it’s amazing!!!! I love air fryers so much I have two! I love my Instant Pot Omni Pro Air Fryer – it’s HUGE and super easy to use! Here are my favorite veggies that you can make alongside your chicken in the air fryer!
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries – Roasted carrots are great – but they take time – UNLESS you’re making them in your air fryer! These air fryer carrot fries are a tasty and quick side dish for any meal!
- Air Fryer Asparagus – Air Fryer Asparagus is one of my favorite side dishes! You don’t need anything but the vegetable and your air fryer – delicious every time! And it only takes a few minutes so you can pop it in right at the end with your chicken!
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Fries – Air Fryer Jalapeno Fries are going to be your families new favorite!!! These are my new favorite! I ate 3 peppers in one sitting!!! (And they’re NOT spicy!)
- Air Fryer Cheesy Tomatoes – Jazz up plain tomatoes in your air fryer just by adding a little cheese and fresh basil! It brings out the best in the tomatoes and is ready in minutes!
- Air Fryer Cauliflower – Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower is so simple and delicious! Two ingredients and it’s done in 15 minutes. I had roasted cauliflower as a topping at a salad bar and thought – I bet I can make this myself – and it was even tastier!
- Lemony Smash Potatoes – these soft and crispy potato bites are the perfect side to any chicken dish!
- Jarlsberg Cheesy Potatoes – Jarlsberg Dip is very popular around these parts – so I decided to make that dip into a cheesy potato recipe! This is a perfect side dish for any any meal. Your family will love it!!!
- Copycat Taco Johns Potato Oles – Taco Johns Potato Ole seasoning is a little spicy, a little salty and so delicious! This copycat recipe for the potato oles is spot on!
- Grilled Herb Roasted Potatoes – Your grill is also great for roasting potatoes! A little olive oil, fresh herbs and baby potatoes make for a great easy side dish anytime!
- Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes – Taco Bell’s Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes are gone as of today but it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy them! I love those spicy nuggets covered in cheese and sour cream!
- Dijon Parmesan Potatoes – I love having easy side dishes that go with pretty much any meal and these Dijon Parmesan Potatoes are perfect any day of the week! It’s such a quick and easy idea and they taste so much better than just plain potatoes!!!
Another way to load up on veggies is to make a salad! I’ve got a few options that are perfect side dishes for your cheesy chicken main dish.
- Copycat KFC Cole Slaw – KFC Coleslaw has always been my favorite! It’s creamy and a little sweet and very simple and you can make it in minutes!
- Copycat Taziki’s Tomato Cucumber Salad – One of the dishes at Taziki’s that captured the attention of my growling stomach was their Tomato-Cucumber salad. It’s so refreshing and full of zing and feta – plus pickled red onions!
- Copycat Olive Garden Signature Salad – Olive Garden has the best house salad – with all my favorite toppings like olives and tomatoes and topped with that delicious Italian dressing and I have the recipe!
Another thing I can never get enough of as a side – are pasta salads and macaroni & cheese dishes! So I’ve got a few of my absolute favorite! They’re great as a side dish anytime!
- Copycat Panera Pasta Primavera – One of my favorites was their Pasta Primavera. It had tender, ribbon-shaped noodles tossed with a blend of vegetables in a lemon garlic cream sauce on a bed of fresh spinach and topped with asiago-parmesan cheese and basil pesto.
- Jarlsberg Dip Macaroni Salad – This Jarlsberg Dip Macaroni Salad is going to be a sure fire hit at your dinner table! Jarlsberg is a type of Swiss cheese so it’s a great match to the chicken!
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Mac & Cheese – This copycat recipe of Panera’s new Broccoli Cheddar Mac and Cheese is spot on perfection! They took their two fan favorites: mac & cheese and broccoli cheddar soup and mixed them together to make magic!
- Copycat Olive Garden Creamy Mushroom Sauce takes their classic Alfredo sauce and lightens it up a touch with the addition of lots of mushrooms! It’s a perfect weeknight dinner since it’s ready in about 10 minutes!
- Creamiest Mac & Cheese – This is by far the creamiest macaroni and cheese you will ever try! It’s really easy and one pot – I love it! Plus with only 5 ingredients – it will be on the table in just 20 minutes!
I’m always looking for something sweet after my dinner – so I’ve got some yummy desserts that will be a great match as well!
- Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler is such a decadent dessert – but it’s also SO EASY!!! You can easily make this in the oven – just be sure you’ve got vanilla ice cream in the freezer – because everybody is going to gobble it up!
- Carnival Cruises are known for their Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and now you can make it at home – and it’s so easy!!!!! The cake is light and the inside is rich and decadent perfection!
- Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple – Once your chicken is done – you can rinse out the air fryer and pop in some pineapple to make the best dessert in just minutes!
- Crustless Apple Pie – I’m always looking for a dessert that is easy – I’m just not much of a baker – so when I heard of a crustless apple pie – I thought – THAT is right up my alley!
I hope you are all set and ready for your Chicken Cordon Bleu! These sides and desserts will make everybody happy – and you might have more leftovers to enjoy the next day!