After trying Cauliflower Buffalo Wings at a wing shop – I loved them so much I came home and decided to make my own! These cauliflower buffalo wings in the air fryer are a great spicy and delicious game day appetizer!
What You Will ❤️ About Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Healthy! Wings without the fat and calories!
- Sneaky Veggies! Kids (or spouses) that don’t like veggies will surely like these buffalo wings!
- No Oil! No deep frying here! Just a spritz of non-stick cooking spray and they’re crispy, crunchy and delicious!
This recipe was made using the Paula Deen Air Fryer.
How to serve Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
I like eating these wings as an appetizer but you can serve them all sorts of ways:
- Appetizer – serve with dip and celery sticks like you would wings
- Tacos – I love cauliflower tacos and you could swap out the buffalo cauliflower in those tacos!
- Salad – I love having roasted cauliflower on a salad instead of chicken!
- Wrap – Add avocado, lettuce and tomatoes for a spicy & cool buffalo cauliflower wrap!
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings Ingredients
This simple recipe only has 3 ingredients and it’s super simple to make! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cauliflower – 1/2 head cut into florets should feed 2 people
- Buffalo Wing Sauce – I skip the flour and spices and just use the wing sauce
- Panko breadcrumbs – these will make your cauliflower wings super crunchy!
Dips for Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
Serve these “wings” just like they do at the restaurants with carrots and celery sticks and any of these dipping sauces:
How to make buffalo cauliflower wings in the air fryer
This is the easiest recipe you’ll find! Chop, coat, toss and air fry!
- CHOP 1/2 head of cauliflower (this serves 2 people – use the whole head if you have a larger family).
- COAT the cauliflower florets in your favorite buffalo wing sauce in a large bowl. I prefer to use a wing sauce over a straight Buffalo sauce like Frank’s Red Hot Sauce – I think it’s a little creamier and coats better.
- TOSS the coated cauliflower in panko breading. Panko is better than regular bread crumbs because it’s chunkier and gets VERY crispy!
- AIR FRY in a single layer in your air fryer basket for 20 minutes until the cauliflower bites are fork tender
- If making a whole head of cauliflower or if you have a smaller air fryer – you’ll want to cook your cauliflower in batches
- DIP these cauliflower wings in Buffalo Ranch Dressing for a double-down on the buffalo! (Or your favorite dipping sauce!)
Making buffalo cauliflower crispy is so easy! It’s all about the panko. Panko is made from bread without crusts and is ground into big flakes and they don’t absorb oil and stay crunchy.
Also be sure to not overcrowd your cauliflower in the air fryer. That can prevent it from getting crispy as well.
Yes – you can whisk together all purpose flour, water, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika into a batter. Toss the cauliflower florets in the flour mixture. Air fry for 10 minutes then remove and toss in Buffalo sauce and air fry 10 minutes more.
Uh – yeah kinda – but cauliflower doesn’t have much flavor – you’re really getting the heat from the buffalo sauce and the crunch from the panko.
Yes – place in oven on a cookie sheet. Bake at 450º for 35-40 minutes until crispy on the outside and fork tender inside.
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat in the air fryer on 300º for 4-5 minutes.
Game Day Snacks
These Buffalo cauliflower wings are a great game day appetizer – here are some of my other favorites:
More Buffalo Seasoned Recipes
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Cheesy Cauliflower Steak
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Tacos
- Copycat Chipotle Cauliflower Rice
- Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- chop cauliflower into bite size pieces1/2 head cauliflower
- toss cauliflower bites in buffalo sauce1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- place panko in a gallon size bag1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- using tongs place cauliflower bites into bag and toss to coat
- remove coated bites and place in air fryer & spritz with olive oil sprayolive oil spray
- air fry at 400 for 10 minutes
- lightly turn cauliflower pieces – be careful not to loosen coating
- air fry at 400 for 10 minutes more
- serve with a big bowl of ranchBuffalo Ranch