Frozen Turkey Burgers in the air fryer are a fast and healthy dinner any night of the week! No need to preheat the air fryer or thaw the burgers – just in the air fryer and go!
What You Will ❤️ About Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Great for a quick lunch or dinner! If you’re busy and don’t have a lot of time – grab a burger and pop it in the air fryer. You’ll have lunch in 15 minutes without any work!
- Healthier! Turkey burgers are lower in fat than beef burgers and still very delicious!
- Room for the Sides! If you’re only cooking for 1-2, you can add the frozen fries to the air fryer and make at the same time!
- No Mess! No oil, no skillet and no mess for these turkey burgers!
This recipe was made using the Paula Deen Air Fryer.
Ingredients for Frozen Burgers in the Air Fryer
Frozen Burgers in the air fryer really just need the burger patties and the air fryer! But – to make frozen burgers taste delicious – you can pile on the toppings. Here’s what I started with:
- frozen turkey burger patties – I usually use Butterball Frozen Turkey burgers but any frozen burger patties work well in the air fryer
- hamburger buns
- lettuce – I have an Aerogarden and am growing fresh lettuce in my kitchen year-round!
- pickles, tomatoes and red onion – veggie toppings always make a great burger
- cheese – Land O’Lakes American cheese is always my favorite for burgers!
How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
No need to preheat the air fryer for lunch – just pop them in and start! It’s a very easy meal to make and you can set it and forget it with a cook time of less than 15 minutes.
- Lay frozen turkey patties in a single layer in the air fryer basket
- For easy cleanup – lay a parchment sheet in the air fryer basket or spray with non-stick oil spray
- Air fry at 350º for 7 minutes
- If you want to add a little salt, pepper and garlic powder for more flavor – do so when you flip the burgers so the seasoning sticks to the patty. You could even sprinkle with chili powder for a little spice!
- Flip patties and air fry additional 7 minutes
- Add cheese to patties and air fry at 300º for 2 minutes to melt the cheese
- Like your bun toasted? Separate and add the buns for 1 min at the end!
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Yes – whether you’re making frozen hamburgers, turkey burgers or anything else – you can definitely do them in the air fryer!
Nope – pull them right out of the freezer and into the air fryer!
Frozen turkey burgers – depending on thickness – take 12-15 minutes to cook. Use an instant read meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature of the patty is 165°F.
Yes – here’s a great recipe for hamburgers in the air fryer. You can easily swap and use ground turkey, chicken or pork!
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or the air fryer at 250º for 4-5 minutes. The lower temp will help heat them but not overcook them.
Favorite Burger Toppings
- Veggies – pile it up with tomatoes, red onion, lettuce – or California style with sliced avocado
- Sauces – mustard, ketchup, fry sauce, bbq sauce or even something like a Buffalo Ranch is good on turkey burgers
- Cheeses – I like to load them up with two slices of cheese – either American, Swiss, Cheddar or Colby Jack
- Good Buns – Get fancy with potato buns or brioche buns!
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
What to serve with Air Fryer Burgers
More Frozen Air Fryer Recipes
- Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Frozen Steak in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Patties in the Air Fryer
More Ground Turkey Recipes
Frozen Turkey Burgers in an Air Fryer
- 4 frozen turkey burger patties
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 pickle slices
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- Lay frozen turkey patties in a single layer in the air fryer basketFor easy cleanup – lay a parchment sheet in the air fryer basket or spray with non-stick oil spray4 frozen turkey burger patties
- Air fry at 350º for 7 minutesIf you want to add a little salt, pepper and garlic powder for more flavor – do so when you flip the burgers so the seasoning sticks to the patty. You could even sprinkle with chili powder for a little spice!
- Flip patties and air fry additional 7 minutes
- Add cheese to patties and air fry at 300º for 2 minutes to melt the cheeseLike your bun toasted? Separate and add the buns for 1 min at the end!4 slices American cheese, 4 hamburger buns
- Serve on buns with lettuce, pickle, tomato, onion and condiments!4 leaves lettuce, 4 pickle slices, 1 tomato, 1 red onion