Making a fried egg in an air fryer is SO EASY!!!! I loved it for many reasons and the best part was the yolk came out runny – just how I like it! The best part was just how simple and easy it is!
I’ve done other air fryer egg dishes from hard boiled to deviled eggs and scrambled – so I figured it was time for a fried egg in the air fryer!
How to Fry an Egg without oil? (Make your fried egg in an air fryer!)
This is an easy one – in your air fryer!!!! I love a fried egg on toast – it’s my #1 breakfast choice and I have it probably 3 days a week! All you need is a little spritz of nonstick spray in a ramekin and you’re good!
I also did a little scrambled egg (with cream) and tossed some goat cheese in! Light and fluffy!
What air fryer do you use?
I started with a Philips XL but have since moved on to using my Paula Deen 9.5 qt for nearly everything! I love it because of the SPACE! There’s never a need to batch cook things – and everything fits in a single layer – it’s the best! The Philips is great for 1-2 people and has more bells and whistles (like digital read thermometer & timer!).
How can you serve an egg?
- Sunny Side Up – If you’re making an egg is a skillet, this is a runny egg that you do NOT flip! It’s that perfect egg white with the bright yellow yolk. You have to cook the white a little longer to get it done all the way through but your yolk will still be runny.
- Over Easy – This is my egg-preference and pretty- much how it turns out in the air fryer at 5-6 minutes (even though there’s no flip). But technically, you do sunny side up but then flip it very quickly before serving. As soon as the whole white is cooked and firmed up, give it a quick flip and take it off the heat. Leave it flipped for maybe 30 seconds and then flip back to get that perfect runny yolk! I like to use a decent amount of oil in the skillet for this so it slips around and the yolk doesn’t get stuck and break
- Over Hard – Same as above but instead of removing from heat – keep it on once you flip it until the yolk hardens – maybe 1-2 minutes
- Scrambled – I did air fryer scrambled eggs too! Beat egg and add a little cream or milk along with salt and pepper and whisk. For scrambled eggs, heat over LOW heat! Fried eggs – hot & fast, scrambled eggs – LOW AND SLOW!
- Soft Boiled – Again – air fryer soft boiled eggs are easy!!! Lay your eggs in the air fryer for 11 minutes at 250 degrees. Runny yolk city!
- Hard Boiled – Easy peasy! Air fry at 250 for 17 minutes!
- Poached – The one way I can’t get right! It’s cracking an egg into boiling water and the yolk is runny but the whites are set. I’ve tried. And tried. And I’ll keep trying.
Can Fried Eggs make you fat?
Well if you use a ton of oil – it won’t help but thats why these Air Fryer Fried Eggs are your best friend! Only a spritz of non-stick cooking spray!
Recipes using Air Fryer Fried Eggs & More
- Deep Fried (Air Fried) Deviled Eggs
- Copycat Taco Bell Breakfast Crunchwrap
- Hardees Loaded Omelet Biscuit (you can air fry omelet instead of baking!)
Air Fryer Fried Egg
- 2 eggs
- Tropical Sazon (or favorite seasoning)
- nonstick Butter-flavored spray
- Spray creme brulee ramekin (or any little bowl/dish/mug) with nonstick butter spray
- Crack egg into ramekin and sprinkle with your favorite seasoning
- Place ramekin in air fryer
- Air Fry at 350 for 5-6 minutes (for runny egg, 6-7 for hard yolk)
- Carefully remove ramekin with tongs and using a small silicone spatula, run the spatula around the edges and slip the egg out of the ramekin