Making a fried egg in an air fryer is SO EASY!!!! I love this easy air fryer breakfast recipe for many reasons but the best part was that the yolk came out runny – just how I like it!
What You Will ❤️ About Fried Eggs in the Air Fryer
- No oil! You’ll use a spritz of non-stick spray and that’s it! No swimming in oil for these fried eggs.
- Simple! Crack your egg and air fry – that’s it! Cooking eggs has never been easier!
- Cleanup! No oil splatter on your stove-top and because you’re using a dish – there’s no mess in the air fryer either!
This recipe was made using the Paula Deen Air Fryer.
How to Fry an Egg without oil? (Make your fried egg in an air fryer!)
The easiest way to fry an egg is in your air fryer!!!! I love a fried egg on toast – it’s my #1 breakfast choice and I have it probably 3 days a week! Here’s the info for this “fried” egg recipe:
- Step 1: Find a little dish or ramekin that fits in your air fryer basket. There’s no need for a special air fryer pan – just find any oven-safe dish.
- Step 2: Spray the dish with non-stick olive oil spray
- Step 3: Crack your egg & season (I like to use Tropical Sazon or Everything Bagel Seasoning)
- Step 4: Place your dishes on the air fryer rack – then air fry at 350º for 5-6 min cooking time
The egg whites are perfect with this method and if you like jammy eggs – 4-5 minutes is the perfect time! Like the yolk hard – add an extra minute or two. I also did a little scrambled egg (with cream) and tossed some goat cheese in! It’s a great way to make light and fluffy scrambled eggs every time!
How can you serve an egg?
Fresh eggs are one of the easiest ways to have a quick breakfast – and they’re so versatile! Here’s a bunch of ways you can make eggs in minutes!
- Sunny Side Up – This is a runny egg that you do NOT flip! It’s that perfect egg white with the bright yellow yolk. You have to cook the white a little longer to get it done all the way through but your yolk will still be runny.
- Over-Easy Eggs – This is my egg-preference and pretty- much how it turns out in the air fryer at 5-6 minutes (even though there’s no flip).
- Over-Hard Eggs – Same as above – just cook 1-2 minutes longer
- Scrambled – I did air fryer scrambled eggs too! Beat egg and add a little cream or cream cheese along with salt and pepper and whisk. For best results, heat over LOW heat! Fried eggs – hot & fast, scrambled eggs – LOW AND SLOW!
- Soft Boiled – Like soft egg yolks? The easiest method ever – just lay your eggs in the air fryer for 11 minutes at 250 degrees. Runny yolk city!
- Hard Boiled – Easy peasy! Want a harder egg – Air fry for 17 minutes of cook time! Here’s all the info for air fryer hard boiled eggs.
- Poached – This is the one way you probably still want to use the stove-top – but they’re delicious!
Eggs are a great source of protein – so they won’t make you fat on their own. If you use a ton of oil – it won’t help though – but thats why these Air Fryer Fried Eggs are your best friend! This easy method only needs a spritz of non-stick cooking spray!
I tend to buy large eggs but medium eggs work fine as well.
Yes – the oven-style air fryer cooks the same as the basket-style – so you can make anything air fryer in either style.
If you make too many fried eggs, no worry! Just store them in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. You can reheat in the microwave or air fryer. Or chop them up and use them to make egg salad!
Recipes to make Air Fryer Eggs
- Air Fryer Avocado Eggs
- Deep Fried (Air Fried) Deviled Eggs (these use cooked hard boiled eggs – so you can make those in the air fryer too!)
- Air Fryer Scotch Eggs
- And more ways to make eggs in your air fryer!
Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Copycat Taco Bell Breakfast Crunchwrap – this is a complete meal you can hold in your hand!
- Hardees Loaded Omelet Biscuit (you can air fry omelet instead of baking!)
More delicious Air Fryer Recipes
If you’re looking for Air Fryer Recipes – be sure to join my Air Fryer Facebook Group! Here are a few other favorite recipes:
Best Air Fryer Accessories
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
Air Fryer Fried Egg
- 2 eggs
- Tropical Sazon (or favorite seasoning)
- nonstick Butter-flavored spray
- Spray creme brulee ramekin (or any little bowl/dish/mug) with nonstick butter spray
- Crack egg into ramekin and sprinkle with your favorite seasoning
- Place ramekin in air fryer
- Air Fry at 350 for 5-6 minutes (for runny egg, 6-7 for hard yolk)
- Carefully remove ramekin with tongs and using a small silicone spatula, run the spatula around the edges and slip the egg out of the ramekin